Proposal: BOS+MTL

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
To Boston

- Joel Armia

To Montreal

-Matt Grzelcyk

I know trades rarely happens between these 2 teams, but I thought this trade would be fair for both teams (at least in my opinion)

Reason Bruins does it: As much as i love Grzelcyk, (even more since he's been paired with Mcavoy) we have a surplus of LDs. Bruins needs a Rw for Krejci and I feel Armia could be decent there.

Reason Montreal does it: They need a LD, Grzelcyk is still pretty young (24). Pretty good puck mover, I feel he'd shine with Weber and their speedy forwards as hes a very good puck mover.

Thoughts?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
To Boston

- Joel Armia

To Montreal

-Matt Grzelcyk

I know trades rarely happens between these 2 teams, but I thought this trade would be fair for both teams (at least in my opinion)

Reason Bruins does it: As much as i love Grzelcyk, (even more since he's been paired with Mcavoy) we have a surplus of LDs. Bruins needs a Rw for Krejci and I feel Armia could be decent there.

Reason Montreal does it: They need a LD, Grzelcyk is still pretty young (24). Pretty good puck mover, I feel he'd shine with Weber and their speedy forwards as hes a very good puck mover.

Thoughts?

Rarely? The last trade between these two teams was almost 18 years ago. Anyway meh, not interested in Grzelcyk.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Grzelcyk is much more worth than Armia, terrible proposal.
I dont know about much more but i'm with you and I think hes worth more..I thought about adding a 2nd rounder to Armia in my proposal but changed my mind. Good thing i didn't has some habs fans dont even think its fair 1 for 1.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
lol at Armia grossly overrated, thats probably why you want him lol... There is no chance we trade you Armia, he was a key player for us before injury and his loss has been huge for us since we dont have that type of player in our roster, big strong, very good hands, great puck protection, great 2 way, we wont trade you the only big skilled foward we have on our team lol, no chance at all...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
To Boston

- Joel Armia

To Montreal

-Matt Grzelcyk

Thoughts?
Habs easily decline and i will leave it at that.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I have one thing to say...

Keep dreaming !

OK you clearly never watch Armia play... He is a DENFENSIVE PLAYER like danault... so if you want a GOOD defensive forward you will need to pay more !:naughty::nod:

Lol f*** no

Habs easily decline and i will leave it at that.

What?

Montreal definitely does this. A cheap puck moving LHD is exactly what Montreal needs and Armia is replaceable for Montreal. Not adding a second, but I don't see why this trade doesn't make sense for Montreal.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
lol at Armia grossly overrated, thats probably why you want him lol... There is no chance we trade you Armia, he was a key player for us before injury and his loss has been huge for us since we dont have that type of player in our roster, big strong, very good hands, great puck protection, great 2 way, we wont trade you the only big skilled foward we have on our team lol, no chance at all...
No I only wanted him because bruins needs a RW and they got a surplus of LDs which Montreal needs. I thought it could work. I didnt know Montreal fans were so high on him. Like i said in a prevous post, i have Grzelcyk has the better player between both of them and im sure im not the only one. Frankly, i'd take tons of RW before Armia, i just thought value was close.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Though I know nothing of Grelzcyk, I think this probably favours the Habs. However the Habs have similar players in Reilly and Kulak and Mete. What the Habs really need is someone who can push Petry to the #3 slot. I don't think Grelzcyk is that guy. Value favours the Habs, but it doesn't address their issue on defence.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
grizz is what Habs fans should hope Mete becomes.
Thats the question, why Grzelcyk when we have Mete... Mete is only 20 and doing quite fine, as far as I know Grzelcyk has only 1 more goal than the kid...

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
As I said in the Bruins trade thread, you have to value Grzelyck like a young top-4 D on a great contract. That's the level he's played at this season after a great rookie campaign. So mobile and smooth defensively. I don't think Armia fixes anything? Or helps. That's a big price.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
No interest in trading Grzelcyk at all, especially not for someone like Armia.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Though I know nothing of Grelzcyk, I think this probably favours the Habs. However the Habs have similar players in Reilly and Kulak and Mete. What the Habs really need is someone who can push Petry to the #3 slot. I don't think Grelzcyk is that guy. Value favours the Habs, but it doesn't address their issue on defence.

Grzelcyk can actually play and can give you #2LD for a long time. That's one your issues solved, the LD side is ......

Armia doesn't fix the 2nd line Rw problem for Boston.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad