GDT: BORN TO WIN, WORLD IS A DUCK; 1995 2000 2003; I am trash man; 410,575,864,530 Haula shots - Devils at Quackles 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindy playing the keep your job tactics of starting the strong goalie against the weaker opponent to guarantee a win vs. playing to win both and playing your better goalie against the better opponent.
Honestly, I think he’s doing it because of Blackwood’s career numbers against LA.

Which I mistakenly said he was 3-1-2 against. The 3 was his total games played against them. He’s actually 1-0-2 against them, with a .952% and his one win being a shutout.

Two of his games against LA were in February of 2020. The other was his regular season debut last year.

Vitek was 0-0-1 against Anaheim with a .903% in 1 game before tonight. He’s 0-1-0 against LA in 1 game and an .875%.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Can we just save MB29 for the pure garbage that is the San Jose Sharks on Monday? Should have just played tonight. Projected 6-3 victory.
Nope, NJ needs to win 2/3 on this trip. You wanna put all of your effort vs Sharks and Ducks, theyre the softest opponents in the west. LA is a back-to-back night anyway. This is the right strategy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nope, NJ needs to win 2/3 on this trip. You wanna put all of your effort vs Sharks and Ducks, theyre the softest opponents in the west. LA is a back-to-back night anyway. This is the right strategy.

Yeah you are happy with a point in LA and then a win in San Jose I imagine.

Obviously I imagine team would prefer Blackwood finally figure his shit out and they outright sweep in Cali,

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

D7E1E95C-C4D8-4266-AB1D-B2F4298ED416.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
His dad had Rags season tickets.

Nah I know, just saying he was so hell bent on it. A lot of guys I'm sure want to go home but he made it a priority to play for them ASAP. He would've made the Carolina/Calgary rosters with ease out of Harvard. Don't want to highjack the GDT with Rangers players but yeah, lol.

Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Honestly, I think he’s doing it because of Blackwood’s career numbers against LA.

Which I mistakenly said he was 3-1-2 against. The 3 was his total games played against them. He’s actually 1-0-2 against them, with a .952% and his one win being a shutout.

Two of his games against LA were in February of 2020. The other was his regular season debut last year.

Vitek was 0-0-1 against Anaheim with a .903% in 1 game before tonight. He’s 0-1-0 against LA in 1 game and an .875%.
Wow. Blackwood has some fantastic numbers. Consistently great. Always dependable. You can see how Blackwood is much better than Vanacek from thr stats. That explains why you push back so hard against his doubters. They will be eating some crow after tonight’s game!!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Nah I know, just saying he was so hell bent on it. A lot of guys I'm sure want to go home but he made it a priority to play for them ASAP. He would've made the Carolina/Calgary rosters with ease out of Harvard. Don't want to highjack the GDT with Rangers players but yeah, lol.

Look at Shattenkirk, sorta the same thing in that he turned down more money to play for his favorite rangers. Apparently he turned down seven-year contracts and $30 million deals to sign a four-year pact averaging $6.65 million per.

It didn't work at all and they ended up buying him out. He won a Cup with Tampa so it worked out in the end but still gotta be absolutely awful to have the team you grew up rooting for say we'll pay you not to be here lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad