GDT: BORN TO WIN, WORLD IS A DUCK; 1995 2000 2003; I am trash man; 410,575,864,530 Haula shots - Devils at Quackles 10PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Wow. Blackwood has some fantastic numbers. Consistently great. Always dependable. You can see how Blackwood is much better than Vanacek from thr stats. That explains why you push back so hard against his doubters. They will be eating some crow after tonight’s game!!
Pumping up Bleed already about Blackwood shame on you....His blood pressure is already rising in anticipation of MB taking the crease..😁

That was by far the easiet game of the season. Ahead of that total Isles domination early in season.
Only thing that gave them life was Haula trying to imitate Hughes...

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Nope, NJ needs to win 2/3 on this trip. You wanna put all of your effort vs Sharks and Ducks, theyre the softest opponents in the west. LA is a back-to-back night anyway. This is the right strategy.

Yeah I'm with you. The way MBW has been playing I wouldn't be surprised him letting in 4-5 goals against any team right now, and we really need to do our best to get 2pts from SJ. LA is a b2b against a playoff team, so the odds are against us there even if we play Vanecek. The one thing I've noticed with MBW is that he's pretty decent when he hasn't played in a while, but gets worse the more he plays for some reason. So maybe he surprises everyone and has a solid game against LA.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So was last nights game the largest Devils fan invasion of an opposing arena ever?

Any theories as to the why on that?

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Nah I know, just saying he was so hell bent on it. A lot of guys I'm sure want to go home but he made it a priority to play for them ASAP. He would've made the Carolina/Calgary rosters with ease out of Harvard. Don't want to highjack the GDT with Rangers players but yeah, lol.

This is why he's my least favorite Ranger, I hate these refuse to play for the team that drafted me Lindros types. It's the equivalent to cutting in line or wanting to go straight to the top without paying your dues. Pretty awesome players have grinded out in shitty small markets (and lifted mediocre teams to contention) before being able to choose their UFA destiny. But there's always the few that think they're entitled to play where they want right away.

I bet a young Ontario boy Daneyko wasn't too happy to get drafted by the struggling Devils, but he grinded it out, won 3 cups and now absolutely loves the team and state.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I proposed Foote, Johnsson, and a conditional 3rd for Rico. Is that crazy on our part? 3rd would turn into a 2nd if we made ECF. Seems reasonable.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
So was last nights game the largest Devils fan invasion of an opposing arena ever?

Maybe for the West Coast, I've been to a game in DC where we had a good showing, even Bauman (the guy who did the Devils chant) was there, we won that game and I remember after on the DC subway platform he led a chant, it was pretty awesome, must be a 100 in there.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Man ESPN's broadcast teams really blow. Callahan doesn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be at full volume all the time. And I'd never even heard of that Roxy guy before. It actually kind of angers me that they use the old music theme since I have fond memories of the old Thorne and Clement days. Although I probably bitched about the broadcasts back then more than I remember.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Man ESPN's broadcast teams really blow. Callahan doesn't seem to realize he doesn't have to be at full volume all the time. And I'd never even heard of that Roxy guy before. It actually kind of angers me that they use the old music theme since I have fond memories of the old Thorne and Clement days. Although I probably bitched about the broadcasts back then more than I remember.
I thought Callahan was ok, a little green but ok.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Winning, Hughes just being an electric player and the Ducks being a dumpster fire. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon right now. If this was during a Christmas or Easter break it would have been even more. We’ve had some pretty good invasions this season. Philly at the beginning of December was awesome.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Winning, Hughes just being an electric player and the Ducks being a dumpster fire. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon right now. If this was during a Christmas or Easter break it would have been even more. We’ve had some pretty good invasions this season. Philly at the beginning of December was awesome.

Nothing is going to top loud LGD and “Igor” chants at the Garden

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Brott is how his name is pronounced.

Just found this video of his highlights in Sweden if anyone is interested. Definitely sounds more like “Bratt” than “Brott”, but the “a” sound sounds more “deep” if that makes any sense haha.

Reactions: Guttersniped

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Nothing is going to top loud LGD and “Igor” chants at the Garden
I forgot about that one, but honestly Devils and Rangers fanbases are basically an incest baby. We’re all mixed up together. Philly isn’t used to Devils fans in their building. Hopefully, that changes going forward.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I remember when he was playing in the preseason before making the team, Cangy pronounced his name “Yes-per Brott”. He must have confirmed he was cool with an anglicized pronunciation when he made the team.

Like how Marcus Johansson has flip flopped seemingly over the years from being pronounced as it looks vs. “Yo-Hansson”

Reactions: MartyOwns

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I remember when he was playing in the preseason before making the team, Cangy pronounced his name “Yes-per Brott”. He must have confirmed he was cool with an anglicized pronunciation when he made the team.

Like how Marcus Johansson has flip flopped seemingly over the years from being pronounced as it looks vs. “Yo-Hansson”
In the Swedish highlight video I posted above his name definitely sounds more like “Bratt”

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad