Boone Jenner

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Hi guys!

Is there a deal to be made during offseason for him?

I thought :

:habs

Boone Jenner

:cbj

Michael McCarron

if a small add is needed, we can negotiate something (If Jenner's available obviously)

You don't seriously think this is fair do you? A "small add" doesn't help.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Hi guys!

Is there a deal to be made during offseason for him?

I thought :

:habs

Boone Jenner

:cbj

Michael McCarron

if a small add is needed, we can negotiate something (If Jenner's available obviously)

The Jackets wouldn't have any interest. Boone Jenner looks to come close to providing 20 goals again this year and plays a very physical brand of hockey and is one of top 6-7 forwards. Don't see anything to gain from making this deal.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Is this the same Boone Jenner that many on this board would have traded for a bag of pucks or left exposed in the expansion draft because he doesn't fit Tort's team speed system? Glad to see you are keeping it real HFCBJ :shakehead

You know who you are.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Is this the same Boone Jenner that many on this board would have traded for a bag of pucks or left exposed in the expansion draft because he doesn't fit Tort's team speed system? Glad to see you are keeping it real HFCBJ :shakehead

You know who you are.

I'm still not convinced you protect Jenner over Anderson if Hartnell doesn't waive. But it is getting tougher to choose.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

You know who you are.

I'd like to know who you are referring to. Preferring Anderson to Jenner is not trading him for a bag of pucks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

You know who you are.

Even when Boone was potential trade bait he was outperforming McCarron.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

You know who you are.

I know I was willing to include Boone in a deal for Matt Duchene, and also conceded many times that he's worth hanging onto for this particular time of the year. Which he is.

Expansion is still a mystery. I've gone back and forth on one of 3 guys who I'd expose since Thanksgiving and will still probably not come to a conclusion.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm one who has never held Boone as untouchable as I've viewed him as a middle six guy. That doesn't means trading him for nothing. I have said he might be usd as a key asset in a package to obtain a high scoring center (- no, not that whole Duchene discussion). But Boone brings something to this team......As an aside, I like the 38-17-34 combo (call it a 2B line or 3rd line, whichever floats one's boat).

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I'm still not convinced you protect Jenner over Anderson if Hartnell doesn't waive. But it is getting tougher to choose.

After Saturday's game - must protect Anderson.
After Sunday's game - must keep Boone.
Monday - oh, no game. :( - Must find way to keep them both.
Tuesday - start over.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's such a painful choice and I'm really hoping it doesn't actually have to get made. They're both absolutely vital to the team.

I don't agree with those who think it can be easily avoided by some side deal. Las Vegas knows what it could get with one of those two and they're not going to be bought off with picks/prospects. Think about it, would you take Karlsson instead of Anderson/Jenner in exchange for a draft pick? No one here would.

A lot is riding on Hartnell's decision. If he is concerned about getting picked, perhaps guarantee him a stipulation that we'll pay LV a 2nd rounder to not take Hartnell. Crazy, I know, but it's probably easier to pay him off that way than to pay off LV - if Anderson/Jenner are unprotected they're as good as gone.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There is, admittedly, a part of me that still dreams that our expansion problems will be solved by Hartnell choosing to retire this season after winning the Cup. :D

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There is, admittedly, a part of me that still dreams that our expansion problems will be solved by Hartnell choosing to retire this season after winning the Cup. :D

*pops your dream balloon*

He's too good to retire.

If there's no way around it we might see Hartnell threatened with a buy out (to get him to waive), and actually bought out if he refuses. Lest you think that's an easy option, it would be terrible for the team cap in 2019-2021. It would save $3m in obligations to Hartnell in each of the next two years (when we don't need the cap room) and stretch the $1.5m obligation to Hartnell past 2019 (when we will need every bit of cap).

Given that this is an option though - we can leverage it against LV. Perhaps folks can tell me if this is legal: We can offer a deal to LV before the buyout window incentivizing them to not take Anderson/Jenner. We are clear to them that if they refuse that we'll just buyout Hartnell and they get nothing extra. Though I don't know if we can make binding agreements with LV before the buyout window.

Last edited:

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
It's such a painful choice and I'm really hoping it doesn't actually have to get made. They're both absolutely vital to the team.

I don't agree with those who think it can be easily avoided by some side deal. Las Vegas knows what it could get with one of those two and they're not going to be bought off with picks/prospects. Think about it, would you take Karlsson instead of Anderson/Jenner in exchange for a draft pick? No one here would.

A lot is riding on Hartnell's decision. If he is concerned about getting picked, perhaps guarantee him a stipulation that we'll pay LV a 2nd rounder to not take Hartnell. Crazy, I know, but it's probably easier to pay him off that way than to pay off LV - if Anderson/Jenner are unprotected they're as good as gone.

or extend his contract so lv wont want him. That would be paying him off and he could stay with his buddys.:naughty:

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012

Agreed, sometimes people on HFBoards seem to forget that the other side has to agree to the trade too.

Now, if Doug MacLean were managing Las Vegas...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

It seems like getting him to waive would be a better solution than having him retire. I don't mind having him around for another year.

If he won't waive, a Hartnell buyout has to be considered. As much as that is an undesirable option, both Boone and Anderson have to be protected and the price to convince LV not to take the unprotected one will likely be too steep.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
IF Josh Anderson does get picked by the Golden Knights I'd offer Forsberg and a second rounder for him back.

They wouldn't make that trade (would you as GM?) nor can a team trade back a player to the team from whom he was taken (until after January 1, 2018).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It seems like getting him to waive would be a better solution than having him retire. I don't mind having him around for another year.

If he won't waive, a Hartnell buyout has to be considered. As much as that is an undesirable option, both Boone and Anderson have to be protected and the price to convince LV not to take the unprotected one will likely be too steep.
It's less about the "Hartnell retires" and more about the "winning the Cup" part. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad