Pre-Game Talk: Bolts @ Leafs | Monday, Nov. 6th at 7 pm EST

Does Keefe Galaxy Brain Against the Bolts?

• Yay

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • What Galaxy Brain? I am thinking more Intergalactic Brain

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Need to win a minimum of 3 of 4 this week to get things going in the right direction.
Yea, I was thinking 6 points... however those come to be.

Five days off after Saturday for travel to Sweden... then four days off to travel back. So, that will be two games in a 12 day span.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Sweden trip worries me, both in terms of disruption, jet lag and all the fatigue excuses too. But maybe a roadie could clear their heads. Who knows.
They get a pretty good break before and after so the fatigue shouldn't be an issue.
Getting away can only be a good thing though.

United35

Jan 16, 2021
Split up the core four over the top 9. Whoever’s line is buzzing gets more ice time.

They can play together in the sandbox come power play time.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I get a kick out of the massive overreactions from fans. Same record at this time last season, yet apparently the ceiling is caving in this time around. Meanwhile, they have a 6 week run coming up against mostly mediocre teams, including the next 6 in a row at home against almost exclusively softies. Marner will come out of this stretch back in the top 10 in league scoring, and Knies and Bertuzzi will likely be point per game players now that they seem to have finally been put on the right lines.
The Leafs play like shit against mediocre teams bro, what are you talking about? This is not an overreaction, it's what they do every year.

I'm more confident of a win when they play good teams, when they play bottom feeders they play down to their competition.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafs play like shit against mediocre teams bro, what are you talking about? This is not an overreaction, it's what they do every year.

I'm more confident of a win when they play good teams, when they play bottom feeders they play down to their competition.
They have played down to really bad teams - Anaheim, Chicago, Arizona, etc. However, they have dominated the middle-tier mediocre teams like Calgary, Vancouver, Tampa, Minnesota, NYI, Philly, Washington, etc.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I think the forward lines are better. Only thing I would do is remove Reaves and switch marner/nylander.

Reactions: arso40

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Let the hockey Gods look down on Robertson and say "it is your time young Nick Robertson' Lettith Benoit not maketh ill-conceived plays.

Seriously.

I wish the kid luck. A lot of people here are done with him already and I don’t blame them but he’s had a lot of adversity to deal with and he’s still only 21. We have useless garbage filling up our bottom 6 providing literally 0 offense anyway so he can’t possibly do worse.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
We're due for some wild silly puck luck and to win a fist fight that brings Leaf nation together.

Really looking forward to this game - because of optimism or morbid curiosity, I'm not sure which.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Nothing should be optional for these guys til they get their shit together.
Win as a team lose as a team. This doesnt inspire that.

They have played down to really bad teams - Anaheim, Chicago, Arizona, etc. However, they have dominated the middle-tier mediocre teams like Calgary, Vancouver, Tampa, Minnesota, NYI, Philly, Washington, etc.
LOL ok

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Win as a team lose as a team. This doesnt inspire that.

LOL ok
I get it. You still think of Tampa as "Tampa". They ain't that team anymore. All great things must pass.

Not the point and you know it.
My point was that Toronto is good on home ice and Tampa is poor on the road. I don't think there is anything particularly controversial about that statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad