Post-Game Talk: Bolts @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Why won't Ted step up to the plate and fund Metro staying open late? Talk about home ice advantage... expect fans to not go or leave early if our subway has to close at 11pm. Qatar offered to pay but I saw them in the news recently (political something) and think WMATA panicked and said no thanks.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Sounds like the wrong guy is wearing the "C". ;)

sounds like the Captain is humble. but its probably also more true than not. Backstrom is however an anti Captain Captain. He wouldn't want to be C. Caps have an interesting leadership group. Ov still growing into the C. Backstrom leading quietly. Orpik the most vocal and the soft drink police

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Someone please drive Chris Kunitz's head through the glass tonight. At most it'll be only two minutes for boarding, am I right?:sarcasm:

Also Burakovsky looked lost the last game on the ice. He looked even bad during the pre-game skate bumping into Wilson.

Sure, just 2 minutes, but that also equals one goal against. From Stamkos, from Ovi's office. Metaphysically guaranteed!

I think we've seen enough of Bura in his career to know that he takes a looooooong time to get back into the groove after a layoff. And we don't have a loooong time to wait him out. We stuck that Aussie in the lineup and he contributed a massively important assist in his first NHL playoff game. We give Bura two, three, four games and he still looks lost. Cut bait there. Its not a rookie from Oz we'd be replacing Bura with, its Nick Backstrom for effs sake.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Typical Russian Indeed. One who won't win a cup without being the leader. Stop being a soft Euro and take the Captain responsibility. Never show weakness by saying that a guy like Backstrom is "the leader". Predict a win like a good confident Captain.

No respect here for captains who aren't captains.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Typical Russian Indeed. One who won't win a cup without being the leader. Stop being a soft Euro and take the Captain responsibility. Never show weakness by saying that a guy like Backstrom is "the leader". Predict a win like a good confident Captain.

...if only we had a good old Canadian boy like Stamkos as our captain

He’s a real leader. In fact, I’d die for him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

JFC, he was probably joking to get a rise out of the reporters.

/not sure if serious

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

"During that short scrum with the media, Ovechkin eventually found the same dogged perseverance and the I’m not going down like this spirit that has made him one of the NHL’s all-time greatest players.

“It’s going to be fun when we bounce back and gonna tie the series and come back here and play Game Five at home.”

Alex Ovechkin believes the Caps will tie the series in Columbus and play a Game Five in Washington

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Why won't Ted step up to the plate and fund Metro staying open late? Talk about home ice advantage... expect fans to not go or leave early if our subway has to close at 11pm. Qatar offered to pay but I saw them in the news recently (political something) and think WMATA panicked and said no thanks.
I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is that they do not want to set that precedent, for themselves and the league.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino