Recalled/Assigned: Bolland recalled, Grimaldi & Olsen sent down, Petrovic activated from IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You got it. They want to oversee "this injury diagnosis," and document every detail. I think Dave sees the handwriting on the wall about a buyout 6/15/16. It would cost him $5.5M of his contract. If he's bought out, just what kind of contract could he expect from another team, if any? My guess is it will be less than a $1M per if any interest. So do the math on how many years it would take him to make that back. Also, my bet would be he would be lucky to last a year or two more in the NHL. His play has diminished to the extent he is in the Mike Richards category as far as a viable NHL player. The "tell" will be if he's placed on LTIR at some point.

Would cost him more than that, but I'm not really sure what you're saying here. (Sorry)

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/tools/buyout-calculator/dave-bolland-4838/2015-12-21/

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
he wasn't!!!!! i really wouldn't put it past him to try and stop a buy out by being on injured reserve ala versteeg!:shakehead
Unless my mind has completely blacked out the event, Versteeg was never in the buyout talk. The relationship between him & Dineen/Tallon didn't go sour until a dozen games into the 2013-14 season and he got traded soon after that.

You're probably thinking of someone else.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Unless my mind has completely blacked out the event, Versteeg was never in the buyout talk. The relationship between him & Dineen/Tallon didn't go sour until a dozen games into the 2013-14 season and he got traded soon after that.

You're probably thinking of someone else.

actually the relationship went sour when versteeg won his case against the panthers about his injury overseas being caused by panthers training staff misdiagnosis contributing to injury. i believe this was the beginning of the end with versteeg and stopped any chance of a buy out since he was on injured reserve. hope this doesn't happen with bolland!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
actually the relationship went sour when versteeg won his case against the panthers about his injury overseas being caused by panthers training staff misdiagnosis contributing to injury. i believe this was the beginning of the end with versteeg and stopped any chance of a buy out since he was on injured reserve. hope this doesn't happen with bolland!
You're thinking of Bergenheim and he was never in danger of getting bought out either.

Tallon certainly never held it against him, Bergy was just exercising his rights as a player. Not his fault that our medical staff sucked (whether it still sucks is debatable). The relationship between him and the organization was fine until Gallant threw him under the bus last season for no reason.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don't want to speculate or start any rumors, but there's something that doesn't seem right about the whole Bolland injury situation

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't want to speculate or start any rumors, but there's something that doesn't seem right about the whole Bolland injury situation
A player that is often injured, gets injured, and you're surprised?

He's made of glass, probably pulled his groin while going for coffee in the breakroom.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
A player that is often injured, gets injured, and you're surprised?

He's made of glass, probably pulled his groin while going for coffee in the breakroom.

I get you, just wonder whether it's a non-hockey issue. If so, don't want to speak bad of the guy.

TheRealDeal88

Dec 10, 2013
Good news. Grimaldi is not yet ready, glad about Petro and Bolland contract is starting to look better. (it is insured right?)

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Change the buyout date on calc to 06/15/16. Three years left on a contract of $16,500,000 times 2/3= $11,000,000. The difference between the two is $5,500,000. that he will lose on a buyout.

That was sent to me and I didn't notice the date. However it spoke of his age, not the timeline.

You said Dave sees the team wants to document his injury situation, then talked about Bolland seeing the writing on the wall and what he'd lose. I wasn't sure what you saying with all of that post, so I asked for clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
You're thinking of Bergenheim and he was never in danger of getting bought out either.

Tallon certainly never held it against him, Bergy was just exercising his rights as a player. Not his fault that our medical staff sucked (whether it still sucks is debatable). The relationship between him and the organization was fine until Gallant threw him under the bus last season for no reason.

as i remember versteeg was injured at the end of the season. next season was a lock out and supposedly versteeg was cleared to play in europe by panther staff. he got injured in europe and missed i believe the whole season after the lock out. he appealed and arbitrator said panthers were on the hook for his salary. once on injured reserve he could not be bought out. similar to bergy, but a few years earlier. in any event bolland sucks and i hope he doesn't ham string a buy out, or any moves by management to get rid of him by being on injured reserve!!!!!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
as i remember versteeg was injured at the end of the season. next season was a lock out and supposedly versteeg was cleared to play in europe by panther staff. he got injured in europe and missed i believe the whole season after the lock out. he appealed and arbitrator said panthers were on the hook for his salary. once on injured reserve he could not be bought out. similar to bergy, but a few years earlier.
Versteeg didn't play anywhere during the lockout and he got injured 10 games into the shortened season:

2013-14 he played 18 games before getting traded to Chicago after basically quitting on the team.

Bergenheim however, fits your description, minus the buyout part. Bergy was never in consideration of getting bought out.

I've linked the two players EP pages above, if my word won't assure you.

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Team's rolling. 5-0 since Bolland went down, I don't think you can justify putting him back in right now.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Team's rolling. 5-0 since Bolland went down, I don't think you can justify putting him back in right now.
Yes, but because Knight has played so well. Being 5-0 has nothing to do with it, by that logic Bjugstad is the guy holding this team back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad