Recalled/Assigned: Bolland recalled, Grimaldi & Olsen sent down, Petrovic activated from IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This could be to put him on the IR. Missed yesterday's Portland game with an undisclosed injury

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
This could be to put him on the IR. Missed yesterday's Portland game with an undisclosed injury
You got it. They want to oversee "this injury diagnosis," and document every detail. I think Dave sees the handwriting on the wall about a buyout 6/15/16. It would cost him $5.5M of his contract. If he's bought out, just what kind of contract could he expect from another team, if any? My guess is it will be less than a $1M per if any interest. So do the math on how many years it would take him to make that back. Also, my bet would be he would be lucky to last a year or two more in the NHL. His play has diminished to the extent he is in the Mike Richards category as far as a viable NHL player. The "tell" will be if he's placed on LTIR at some point.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

This page lists Bolland as being recalled by the Panthers....

:popcorn: :help: :help:

Olsen and Grimaldi sent down as well, but they were confirmed by Panthers. Bolland recal yet to be confirmed by anyone.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

This page lists Bolland as being recalled by the Panthers....

:popcorn: :help: :help:

Olsen and Grimaldi sent down as well, but they were confirmed by Panthers. Bolland recal yet to be confirmed by anyone.

Bolland has been objectively terrible this season. He was objectively decent last season. Do you really feel that the chances of him at least regaining last year's form is less likely than Rocco doing anything? Grimaldi did zilch.

Were you really expecting him to not come back from this assignment? He'd have been waived directly.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Bolland has been objectively terrible this season. He was objectively decent last season. Do you really feel that the chances of him at least regaining last year's form is less likely than Rocco doing anything? Grimaldi did zilch.

Were you really expecting him to not come back from this assignment? He'd have been waived directly.

I thought Grimaldi was a decent player the last two games. Seemed he found a bit of confidence and his game improved as a result. Wouldn't have minded Bolland staying down the full 14 days.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Of course he was / is gonna come back from the assignment. I wasn't questioning that. But he's only played in two games...that's not really a conditioning assignment. Like it's been said already, this recall is probably for the purpose of monitoring the injury which kept him out of what would've been his third game yesterday.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Our lineup is significantly better without him in it. Hope its not a major injury but hope its worthy of extended IR.

Our lineup will be significantly better with subtracting Mitchell and Campbell next year as well in my humble opinion.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Our lineup is significantly better without him in it. Hope its not a major injury but hope its worthy of extended IR.

Our lineup will be significantly better with subtracting Mitchell and Campbell next year as well in my humble opinion.

I feel that Campbell is playing well. Mitchell on the other hand, has lost his legs. I think he is done.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
There's no injured reserve in the AHL, so Bolland recall is likely so the Panthers can monitor his injury.

Panthers reassign Grimaldi, Olsen to Portland Pirates.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

So Mac/Petro draw back in for Grimaldi/Olsen, Bolland probably going on IR.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

So Mac/Petro draw back in for Grimaldi/Olsen, Bolland probably going on IR.

Excellent news.

Grimaldi still looks too passive when he doesn't have the puck, he needs more work. Having Mac over him will be good defensively at least.

Olsen was horrible last game, glad Petro is ready to go.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Excellent news.

Grimaldi still looks too passive when he doesn't have the puck, he needs more work. Having Mac over him will be good defensively at least.

Olsen was horrible last game, glad Petro is ready to go.

Yeah but who does Bolland take out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad