Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Kuzmenko, is a pending unrestricted free agent. Not selling him to the highest bidder would be a terrible move. You signed him as a free agent and with his play he’d likely fetch you a 1st + prospect even as a rental as his contract is cheap, it wouldn’t require cap dumps or retaining.

Mikheyev, 28 and signed for 3 more seasons. Generally seen as overpaid but also a good 2-way winger. Retain 35% and he’s a valuable trade piece at 3m cap hit.

Both players recently joined the team but the teams failing to meet expectations. If you’re selling Horvat even as a retool move vs a rebuild Vancouver needs to get younger and address the D core. Horvat will garner a very good return. 1st + really good prospect. If retained or extended the price goes up too.

Myers, 50% retained and you can move him. There’s always a market for a big RD. Moving him for a 2nd to a contender what’s that really do for you other than get some cap off the books and you have a further short term need of another RD.

Boeser even at 50% I don’t see a huge market. Vancouver would want a pretty big return to retain half that contract and I don’t think there’s a big market for him. You’d probably get a stronger return for Mikheyev at 35% let alone going 50%.
Boeser has the 17th highest point percentage of all RWers, and at 50%, that is some serious discount.........IMO he has value, especially at that price ($3,312,500 per season) you can't buy milk at that price! And at his age. (25)

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Horvat and Boeser with the 50% retention on both for Radek Faksa, Denis Gurianov, Joel Hanley our 2nd in 2023 &2024

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Kuzmenko is a UFA, isn’t he ? Why did you mark him as untouchable?
He absolutely shouldnt be.

The canucks have a toxic locker room and Kuz can pretty much pick his destination next summer.

We did a good thing when we landed him this offseason. Lets not let that go to waste.

Trade him to the highest bidder.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Kuzmenko’s skill set is hard to replace, and we’re going to need cost controlled forwards moving forward. I wouldn’t move him. And Schenn has evolved into a legitimate top 4 shutdown D. His veteran presence and winning culture is going to be needed.

Garland, Myers, Pearson, Boeser, and potentially Horvat should all be moved for picks/prospects. I’d have Mikheyev available too if anybody wants his services but no retention.

Only untouchables IMO are Petey, Hughes, Kuzmenko and unfortunately OEL and his NMC. Demko for the right price should be available too.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Kuzmenko’s skill set is hard to replace, and we’re going to need cost controlled forwards moving forward. I wouldn’t move him. And Schenn has evolved into a legitimate top 4 shutdown D. His veteran presence and winning culture is going to be needed.

Garland, Myers, Pearson, Boeser, and potentially Horvat should all be moved for picks/prospects. I’d have Mikheyev available too if anybody wants his services but no retention.

Only untouchables IMO are Petey, Hughes, Kuzmenko and unfortunately OEL and his NMC. Demko for the right price should be available too.
Kuz will be ~31 when we are entering our competition window.

This makea no sense for either side.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He absolutely shouldnt be.

The canucks have a toxic locker room and Kuz can pretty much pick his destination next summer.

We did a good thing when we landed him this offseason. Lets not let that go to waste.

Trade him to the highest bidder.
Why gut Kuzmenko? He can be resigned for lower AAV because of this 1 year contract he’s on.

We can rebuild/retool by trading with the others. Keep him so we can at least have some capable offensive forwards that remain lol

Kuz will be ~31 when we are entering our competition window.

This makea no sense for either side.
Dude I didn’t know 31 is retirement age……….

Petey will be 29 and Hughes 27 in 5 years. Kuzmenko is well within our competition window lol

Miller on the other hand for sure.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don’t think retaining 50% on Myers is a smart idea for a rebuilding team. Firstly, he’s great for the tank. Secondly, I don’t think he brings back much value even at full retention.

I agree with trading Kuzmenko. Great find by the Canucks this offseason, but they should be looking at restoring the prospect cupboard. Retain him to 500K and a contender will pay a good price

Reactions: zcaptain

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Pasternak should be resigned before Bruins commit money to anyone else IMO.
There's rumors Pastrnak might be waiting to see who his long term center is.

A deal like this could kill two birds with the same stone.

If Bruins can clear cap and without hurting their roster too much I say do it.

Obligatory 1st + Lohrei or Lysell + B prospect like Steen as the starting point.
Reilly + Smith for cap purposes in this deal or a subsequent deal. Smith might have value as a rental, Reilly is a pure cap dump. The high price above may include taking the money back, although unsure VAN can even do that.

For

Horvat + Depth D

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Obligatory 1st + Lohrei or Lysell + B prospect like Steen as the starting point.
Reilly + Smith for cap purposes in this deal or a subsequent deal. Smith might have value as a rental, Reilly is a pure cap dump.

For

Horvat + Depth D
oel

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

Reilly + Smith for cap purposes in this deal or a subsequent deal. Smith might have value as a rental, Reilly is a pure cap dump. The high price above may include taking the money back, although unsure VAN can even do that.

For

Horvat + Depth D
Honestly a very fair deal

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I will try to do this just for fun, as "realistically" As possible, Flame away!

Bo Horvat
Trade - for a "Rental" He Should get a late 1st Rounder + a "good" B Prospect, and a Mid/Late Pick.
Horvat (Sign and Trade) - Should go for a 1st Rounder + Great "A" Prospect and a 2nd Rounder.

Tyler Myers - If the Canucks decide to "eat" 50% of his Cap space, I do think he can get 2nd + Decent Prospect.
If not, I Think a 3rd Rounder would probably get it done, as the cap is the most valuable asset for Vancouver next year.

Brock Boeser - Brock has 2.5 Years left at a 6.5m Cap hit. His Season has been up and down but his Points are there, I don't see the Canucks Retaining anything if they trade him, and a 2nd Round pick should be enough to move him. Again, Canucks getting "cap" As the trade asset.

Luke Schenn - Absolutely Awesome year for him, our 2nd best Defender all year, Amazing Career turn around, I think a 2nd Rounder would be a nice get for him, or a 3rd + 4th if they want quantity, But imo I would look for the Canucks to keep him even past his contract.

Kuzmenko
- He is a tough one to Guage his Value, I feel like a 1st would be nice, but as a UFA, I doubt it. Maybe try to get Multiple 2nds or a 2nd + 3rd if they Don't keep him and sign him before the deadline.

That's basically what I am thinking for all of those.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I will try to do this just for fun, as "realistically" As possible, Flame away!

Bo Horvat Trade - for a "Rental" He Should get a late 1st Rounder + a "good" B Prospect, and a Mid/Late Pick.
Horvat (Sign and Trade) - Should go for a 1st Rounder + Great "A" Prospect and a 2nd Rounder.

Tyler Myers - If the Canucks decide to "eat" 50% of his Cap space, I do think he can get 2nd + Decent Prospect.
If not, I Think a 3rd Rounder would probably get it done, as the cap is the most valuable asset for Vancouver next year.

Brock Boeser - Brock has 2.5 Years left at a 6.5m Cap hit. His Season has been up and down but his Points are there, I don't see the Canucks Retaining anything if they trade him, and a 2nd Round pick should be enough to move him. Again, Canucks getting "cap" As the trade asset.

Luke Schenn - Absolutely Awesome year for him, our 2nd best Defender all year, Amazing Career turn around, I think a 2nd Rounder would be a nice get for him, or a 3rd + 4th if they want quantity, But imo I would look for the Canucks to keep him even past his contract.

Kuzmenko - He is a tough one to Guage his Value, I feel like a 1st would be nice, but as a UFA, I doubt it. Maybe try to get Multiple 2nds or a 2nd + 3rd if they Don't keep him and sign him before the deadline.

That's basically what I am thinking for all of those.
Hey lb get me some proposals

• Wow
Reactions: Canucks LB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad