Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
brianmaclellan2018nhlstanleycupfinalip74rl6kgo0l.jpg

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I saw several incidents of guys having the better shot at getting to a puck and seemingly willfully allowing Sabres players to get there first. If it’s a fatigue thing, then again I have to wonder about their conditioning. If it’s saving themselves, then they sure as heck are super confident that the playoffs are a foregone conclusion and that the switch always works.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
When I saw 4 Sabres in our crease none on their butts in the 2nd, I knew we were done. No Cap was even trying to take them out.
Indeed. On Reinhart’s second goal i think it was Oshie on his butt, in our crease during the lead-up to the point shot. And then on the deflection itself, 19 was making sure Reinhart didn’t feel crowded, uncomfortable, or in any way triggered by close physical proximity

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looking at the minutes. Orlov only played 58 seconds of pk. Kempny played top 4 pk mins. I have to think even though a right shot that Jensen is getting Kempny's spot on the pk and that Orlov is done with that.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Except for Tampa Bay, every team in the league has had to deal with it this season. How do you explain this team defeating the likes of San Jose and Toronto on this trip and then basically mailing it in today. Call it inconsistency, but teams get up for games and then there are games that they don't. Take Winnipeg, they got pummeled by Colorado several nights ago in Denver and then they roll in to Las Vegas last night and win 6-3. If you can explain this, then you can name your salary demands with any of 31 NHL teams.

Taking one game alone yes you’re right. But this team has not looked good in a ton of games, especially when you consider the roster. This team has way too much tallent to give up as many 4+ goal games they have. It’s lazy. Either the coaches or captains need to figure it out and get more consistent play or we can kiss any repeat thoughts goodbye. Who has played at or above expectations? Ovie/Wilson/vrana..... maybe a Carlson/Djoos/Connolly.... way to many slackers right now for what has been put together. I’m not expecting or care about a presidents trophy, but I expect good play 75-80 % of the nights. Instead I’m hoping we play 500 hockey right now.

Reactions: Bladerunner

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Before today, we had the exact same record as last year.

Remain calm, all is well (in crackling voice)

The bigger picture to me is: the number of concussions our players are playing through, and overall team health. Lastly, goalie play. We had to sit Holts last year, and while I don't pin losses on him of late, think if our goal is to mirror last year, giving him a big fat rest before the playoffs may be wise.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
An untold story is Eller's turnaround in faceoffs this year.

Did he do drill work, try new technique, blind luck, QOC...

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Before today, we had the exact same record as last year.

Remain calm, all is well (in crackling voice)

The bigger picture to me is: the number of concussions our players are playing through, and overall team health. Lastly, goalie play. We had to sit Holts last year, and while I don't pin losses on him of late, think if our goal is to mirror last year, giving him a big fat rest before the playoffs may be wise.

Last year we almost got our coach fired before turning it around. We did it and won a cup, but it’s not a great strategy to a season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Last year we almost got our coach fired before turning it around. We did it and won a cup, but it’s not a great strategy to a season.

While I don't disagree, being in first place wire to wire never seemed to work for us! Hockey is among the most unpredictable of sports so a lot of unorthodox crazy ass shit will happen as the champs are determined.

Rutherford is an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad