Post-Game Talk: BMacs Champs Vs. Slugs of old: 1PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Just the players. They have to decide when they want to care each night. When they care we get wins like SJS or TO. When they don't we get today.
Fair or not, the coaches are partly responsible to have their players ready at the drop of the puck. Whatever is happening right now, needs to be tweaked.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
giphy.gif
Why do you say that? I dont think they were great deals. Hagelin not so bad but we overlaid for Jensen and I dont think either player is going to put us over the top.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
That’s a new one. It’s amazing all the obstacles this team has that nobody else deals with
Except for Tampa Bay, every team in the league has had to deal with it this season. How do you explain this team defeating the likes of San Jose and Toronto on this trip and then basically mailing it in today. Call it inconsistency, but teams get up for games and then there are games that they don't. Take Winnipeg, they got pummeled by Colorado several nights ago in Denver and then they roll in to Las Vegas last night and win 6-3. If you can explain this, then you can name your salary demands with any of 31 NHL teams.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Fair or not, the coaches are partly responsible to have their players ready at the drop of the puck. Whatever is happening right now, needs to be tweaked.

Well I think the coaches don't have any magic speech to give every night of the RS to make a Kuzy care night in night out. And we aren't benching him to make him care night in night out. So they have limited tools to change the effort level in the RS. Come playoff time, the players should have their own motivation.

Now I will agree, if the players lack confidence in the system, that's on the coaches to fix. But I don't think that's what's happening here, except with one person and he's not on the team so who cares.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Well I think the coaches don't have any magic speech to give every night of the RS to make a Kuzy care night in night out. And we aren't benching him to make him care night in night out. So they have limited tools to change the effort level in the RS. Come playoff time, the players should have their own motivation.

Now I will agree, if the players lack confidence in the system, that's on the coaches to fix. But I don't think that's what's happening here, except with one person and he's not on the team so who cares.
Who exactly are you referencing?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Sloppy game. Lots of tape to go through after this one.

3rd line is going pretty good. They must have got Burakovsky a Board Battle Coach 'cause he has undergone a complete transformation. Great to see.

Top-6 centers did a lot more negative than they did positive. Tough game for Dowd, also.

Get a win tomorrow and all is well.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Except for Tampa Bay, every team in the league has had to deal with it this season. How do you explain this team defeating the likes of San Jose and Toronto on this trip and then basically mailing it in today. Call it inconsistency, but teams get up for games and then there are games that they don't. Take Winnipeg, they got pummeled by Colorado several nights ago in Denver and then they roll in to Las Vegas last night and win 6-3. If you can explain this, then you can name your salary demands with any of 31 NHL teams.

It's simple. 82 games. Can't get up to full motivation for every one of them.

Where's my check?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If we are not hitting, we don't care.

When I saw 4 Sabres in our crease none on their butts in the 2nd, I knew we were done. No Cap was even trying to take them out.

Another day, another coast job. Nothing new here folks. In fact, expect it tomorrow, if not worse. Especially if we start Copley, which is a signal to the players that effort is optional.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Having watched a bit of the post game I stand by my original statement that this "Caps Prom" thing seems like a congregation of just the worst type of people.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If we are not hitting, we don't care.

When I saw 4 Sabres in our crease none on their butts in the 2nd, I knew we were done. No Cap was even trying to take them out.

Another day, another coast job. Nothing new here folks. In fact, expect it tomorrow, if not worse. Especially if we start Copley, which is a signal to the players that effort is optional.

Well we get Lundqvist tomorrow so there is that. ;)

I do agree about the physical play though. Seemed only Ovie really wanted to engage any of the Sabres today. Bummer no one followed his lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad