Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can squeeze a club game in if you guys are on right now.

Also, not that it matters but i thought that i would be the Home team in the Finals. #2 :hawks VS #4 :caps

:caps have more points but i thought it went by overall seed. Again, not a big deal but its some new knowledge too me. Is it like this in the real NHL too?

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012

Also, not that it matters but i thought that i would be the Home team in the Finals. #2 :hawks VS #4 :caps

:caps have more points but i thought it went by overall seed. Again, not a big deal but its some new knowledge too me. Is it like this in the real NHL too?

I always thought it was top seed.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I think in the finals it is based on better record.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
**** Carlson is injured. There goes by best dman along with my best forward.. Now all that needs to happen is for Lu to go down, and we're set!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
ecstatic with how quickly these playoffs are going, I'm sure the offseason will go smoothly seeing as how we're all pretty experienced with it now.

Regardless of how the finals turn out, looks like they are going to be done this afternoon.

That would be an entire playoff season in 5 1/2 days.

:yo:

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto

it's based on overall seed in the standings. So since Caps had more points he gets home ice, and it's like that in the NHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Chicago up 1-0 in the 2nd

1-1 in the third! gonna be a thriller!

GAME 7 OT 1-1! DOESNT GET MORE EXCITING THAN THIS FOLKS!

WASHINGTON WINS IT! LATE IN OT!

Last edited:

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Wow, that's honestly the craziest/best xbox live experience I've ever had and honestly ever will have. It's all downhill from here now...

Game 7, deep into double OT and Evander ****ing Kane is the hero. We both took multiple penalties in OT, both goalies played out of this world. I've never seen anything like that before. No clue how it even got to double OT, we both hadso many quality scoring chances with really good players it was ridiculous. We both hit a post in OT, and honestly we both were baring down on our chances the goalies were just in superhero mode stopping semi-breakaways, 2 on 1s, and screen shots. My throat was in my stomach the entire game, butterflies, several chances for both teams I was sure the game was going to end and was ready to celebrate or curse violently.

Mad respect to Chicago for battling back down 3-1 when I probably didn't deserve a 3-1 series lead, this was anyone's series as it took double OT in game 7 to decide the damn thing. I feel fortunate to have won, I started pretty slow in game 1 but somehow got the win on the back of Luongo, was able to carry the momentum and grab a 3-1 lead, but then you came on hard and I just held on and was able to do just enough to get back into it in game 7 and squeak out an OT win. I feel for you right now buddy, I know that one prob stings a bit. When the games have that much on the line it almost takes away the fun its so nerve wracking, but those are the gaming moments you live for as a gamer lol (future xbox commercial right there?). But it was a damn privilege to play you in 7 games, and I really look forward to continuing this rivalry next season!

Last edited:

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Game winning replay go?

Didn't record it, it was a 2 on 1, Backstrom carrying the puck down the left wing with Kane streaking to the net. Was nothing Fuss could have done he played it perfectly taking away the shot and also managing to get his stick into the passing lane a bit, but he had to respect Backstrom's shot and defend that first, and Backstrom was able to thread a little saucer over his stick where Kane one timed it up high for the winner. Honestly, Bernier also got it with his blocker which is ridiculous in itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad