Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Messaged Evo last night. Things should get started tonight or tomorrow. I have all day off tomorrow so it should be done by tomorrow

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
ecstatic with how quickly these playoffs are going, I'm sure the offseason will go smoothly seeing as how we're all pretty experienced with it now.

I might actually have cap space to sign someone decent this offseason! and not 9, 000 72ish depth players, lol

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
:blues

Played an amazing series. Every game was so close. Steve plays a really clean game at a really high level so everytime i play him our games are fun and intense. He's going to be a playoff threat every season in this league.

Its pretty fun to be playing in the Cup finals. Looking forward to playing against :caps. It is too bad that i wont get to play against Ovie though.

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012
The big question everyone is wondering:

If :hawks win, is he d0uche enough to write a post congratulating himself?

The Answer: YES

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If I win the cup I'm congratulating myself in every thread, every day for four days. Ill even get a HF boards sig that says "Bluth Cup Winner: everyone else sucks" haha. Offseason starts tomorrow afternoon boys! Get ready!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If I win the cup I'm congratulating myself in every thread, every day for four days. Ill even get a HF boards sig that says "Bluth Cup Winner: everyone else sucks" haha. Offseason starts tomorrow afternoon boys! Get ready!

Any chance you can advance to the finals tonight--even if you don't play til later?

I'm trying to scout prospect, which only registers on the advance. :laugh:

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012

I'll be at an engagement party until 4pm, may stick around with my friends after. Worst case scenario I'll be home tonight and can take a look.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Scouting is irrelevant at this point. I think it's only really effective if you scout all season long

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Scouting is irrelevant at this point. I think it's only really effective if you scout all season long

Well, I guess my guy was scouting all year, but I wasn't telling him where to go until the playoffs.

Anyway, I've narrowed it to three players who should be there at 7. I'm trying to get a bit more info on one or two of them. I should get a bit more with the advancement to the finals.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
How long does the pre-draft phase last? I will be gone until really late tonight and would like to have some time to possibly make a trade.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The plan is to get this series done by 2pm and advance right away all the way to June 27th. Nobody had posted any trades (except cbj and NYR) get it in quick argarbargarbargar!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can wait for you both to get on and advance then if needed. Same goes for you argarbargarbargar

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I can wait for you both to get on and advance then if needed. Same goes for you argarbargarbargar

EA really didn't make this easy, did they.

:laugh:

Well, I'm around all day, but I don't know what Sensi's schedule is.

I'm happy with the forwards who will go between 1-8, but I've adjusted my own draft priory to ensure I don't take one of the defenseman ahead of the forwards.

The deal looks a bit different if I can't put in my preferred draft priority. I guess that's a flaw in the system, but I can't say I would have done it without getting to actually pick the player at 2 / 7/ 8 (wherever I end up).

EDIT: But we definitely shouldn't hold up the advancement much for this. If we can pause and fix it at the draft quickly, great, but otherwise, we should just jump through to the resign--but then I don't think we can force people to honor trades involving draft picks that they didn't get to use.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
EA really didn't make this easy, did they.

:laugh:

Well, I'm around all day, but I don't know what Sensi's schedule is.

I'm happy with the forwards who will go between 1-8, but I've adjusted my own draft priory to ensure I don't take one of the defenseman ahead of the forwards.

The deal looks a bit different if I can't put in my preferred draft priority. I guess that's a flaw in the system, but I can't say I would have done it without getting to actually pick the player at 2 / 7/ 8 (wherever I end up).

EDIT: But we definitely shouldn't hold up the advancement much for this. If we can pause and fix it at the draft quickly, great, but otherwise, we should just jump through to the resign--but then I don't think we can force people to honor trades involving draft picks that they didn't get to use.

iI should be around most of the day so we should be able to get the trade in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad