Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
I feel like there's pressure on my team next year. President's Trophy this year, now I have to try and be the 4th different Southeast team to win in 4 years. Or Florida for that matter.

I hear ya. I just would've liked to see if I could've repeated with a healthy roster. Any one of us (minus WPG?) have a great shot every year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Congrats to the :caps on their Game 7 Double OT win over the :hawks!

Tough series for both teams but it looks like the Cup is going back to the SouthEast 3 years in a row. Congratulations to Evolu7ion on his cup win.

Looking forward to next season!

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Congrats to the :caps on their Game 7 Double OT win over the :hawks!

Tough series for both teams but it looks like the Cup is going back to the SouthEast 3 years in a row. Congratulations to Evolu7ion on his cup win.

Looking forward to next season!

I'm actually impressed Fuss how fast you reacted positively to this, sure its a game, but this kind of loss would bother me for quite some time lol :amazed:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A very stern reminder to the rest of the league...

1) PLAYSTYLE: What is and Whats Not Allowed

Anything and everything is allowed in the Bluth Company. Shortside dekes, backhand-forehands on the breakaway, rebound goals, tying people up on faceoffs, wrist shots from the slot, etc...Its ALL 100% OK with me as Commissioner of The Bluth Company.

What is NOT ok with me is Excessive Use of anything mentioned above or anything not mentioned above. This league is about having fun. There aren't leaderboards, no Cash Prizes, no special recognition. Hell, even when you win the Stanley Cup the only thing you get are moderate bragging rights between 29 other people and one special post from the Commish congratulating you. This league is about having fun and doing any one sort of tactic over and over and over again takes away the fun from your opponent. If you're confused about this, just keep the word "Diversity" in your mind. Mix your playstyle up. Nobody should be scoring all of their goals from doing the same thing over and over again. Nobody should be attempting to be doing the same thing over and over again (even if it doesn't result in a goal). If you've scored two breakaway goals doing the same move, try something else next time you get on a breakaway. If you've scored a few goals from wristers in the slot already, mix it up and work in some one-timers and rebounds. DIVERSITY people!

I want GMs to enjoy playing their games. This league should be about having fun, not putting up as many goals as you can. NHL 13 has a lot of flaws so lets not make those flaws worse than they already are by playing like some top 100 VS player schmuck. Mix things up, try something new, have fun! Its a videogame afterall.

In my mind this is the most important rule of the league. Trade rules, sim length, backup goalie rule etc... mean nothing if the games we play aren't fun. Breaking this rule takes away the fun from our experiences. Its a videogame, winning isn't everything.

I've left this rule very vague so i dont have to micromanage too much but every GM needs to re-read this rule and realize its importance. Breaking this rule, mulitple times, i.e. mulitple complaints from other GMs will result in removal from the league.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm actually impressed Fuss how fast you reacted positively to this, sure its a game, but this kind of loss would bother me for quite some time lol :amazed:

I'm the Commissioner man. Winning the cup is secondary to me. I get the most enjoyment out of this league by seeing it be successful season after season and see how happy it makes other people. It does the league no good for me to sulk.

Evo must be really happy right now, as he should be (i mean that with 100% sincerity). Its a videogame, it should be fun. I wont ruin his experience by being negative on the boards.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
First, congrats to :caps.

I take a bit of solace knowing I lost to the eventual champs. But just a bit. :laugh:

Second, Sensi, I sent our trade in game.

EDIT--I notice you sent one to me too. I don't want to accept it twice, though I guess Fuss could just veto one of them?

Third, are we advancing all the way through the 1st resign phase tonight?

(If so, awesome.)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'll give everyone a few hours to send any trades in. Advance will be tonight anytime inbetween 7pm and 10pm CST. Not sure yet.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
First, congrats to :caps.

I take a bit of solace knowing I lost to the eventual champs. But just a bit. :laugh:

Second, Sensi, I sent our trade in game.

EDIT--I notice you sent one to me too. I don't want to accept it twice, though I guess Fuss could just veto one of them?

Third, are we advancing all the way through the 1st resign phase tonight?

(If so, awesome.)
Yeah I sent you one to lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad