Bluth Company: NHL Discussion

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Have no idea. He was on the 4th line in his 4th game and 2nd line today. Have no idea what they will do.

Watched about half the Caps-Sabres game, and I can't say he stood out.

Laughton was the Flyers' best forward the first few games. Probably did everything he could to stick, but I suspect they wanted to save his ELC for a few years from now, when the cap might be a bit tighter (at least I hope that was a consideration).

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Kinda curious on how you Montreal fans feel about Subban now? He's getting nothing but hate from everybody. And how do you feel about Therrien banning the Subban/Price celebration after a win? Although I'm not a big fan of the Habs, it's still entertaining and I'm pretty sure the crowd likes it too. Seems to me like playing in Montreal's a drag right now.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Kinda curious on how you Montreal fans feel about Subban now? He's getting nothing but hate from everybody. And how do you feel about Therrien banning the Subban/Price celebration after a win? Although I'm not a big fan of the Habs, it's still entertaining and I'm pretty sure the crowd likes it too. Seems to me like playing in Montreal's a drag right now.

Subban haters can suck it! Therrien just wants a team mentality and doesn't want anybody to stick out too much, which is fine, I guess.

Most of the hate comes from the french tv channel RDS. They are the biggest bunch of idiots. Inventing rumours with no basis, spreading the hate, blah blah.

Real fans love Subban, the sheep will follow RDS. Same old story.

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Subban haters can suck it! Therrien just wants a team mentality and doesn't want anybody to stick out too much, which is fine, I guess.

Most of the hate comes from the french tv channel RDS. They are the biggest bunch of idiots. Inventing rumours with no basis, spreading the hate, blah blah.

Real fans love Subban, the sheep will follow RDS. Same old story.

Desharnais sucks! RDS is crap

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What do you guys think about this Cooke karlsson situation. Looked intentional in slow motion.

To be honest it looked pretty sketchy. But i thought Cooke was a "changed man" so you never know. Sucks for Karlsson though. A ripped achiles is not very good at all. Thinking long term here, not very good at all.

Gary83*

Pretty sure with Bouwmeesters goal that he just matched his goal total from last year, lol.

Love dat Hudler

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I honestly didn't think it was a bad hit on Karlsson. I'm not saying it couldn't have been intentional, but it looked more awkward than anything.

That does suck for Karlsson though, you never like to see a young star go down with that kind of injury. And it sucks for the Sens. They've been solid so far, but take away Spezza and Karlsson long-term and factor in that Anderson has no chance of keeping his play as good as it is now, then they could be looking to fall out of the playoff race quickly.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I don't think it was intentional at all, it's your typical pin the guy to the boards play but it goes all wrong for Cooke and Karlsson, it sucks for Karlsson and the Sens because he will be out for a long time and it sucks for Cooke because of his history even though I believe he is a changed man.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I may be biased, but there was NO WAY that was intentional.. sure it looks that way in slow motion, but at full speed it happens to quickly for anyone to even consider doing it.

the only reason it's getting blown up is because of the 2 players involved.. if it were anyone else on the pens there would be no accusations.

It was a good hockey play with a very unfortunate outcome.
I hope Karlsson has a speedy recovery.

Gary83*

I may be biased, but there was NO WAY that was intentional.. sure it looks that way in slow motion, but at full speed it happens to quickly for anyone to even consider doing it.

the only reason it's getting blown up is because of the 2 players involved.. if it were anyone else on the pens there would be no accusations.

It was a good hockey play with a very unfortunate outcome.
I hope Karlsson has a speedy recovery.

You're absolutely right. Cooke deserves every bit of criticism he gets though. Absolute dbag.

Don't think this was an intentional play though, just an unfortunate, normally routine hockey play.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I hate Matt Cooke.

then he's doing his job.

I hated his game though before last seasons, I don't mind the agitating, but i do mind the cheapshots he dished out.. When he's just playing hockey he's a good player and the Cooke-Staal-Kennedy (which is now the Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy) line was very effective. His antics before last season though is ridiculous and an embarrassment to the game.

Im glad he changed his play style and cut out the ******** he was/is known for.

The Karlsson issue is very unfortunate from both sides, I HATE to see such a talented player be knocked out for the rest of the season, he is one of my favorite players. Him being out for the year really hurts the NHL.

Cooke is getting criticized for a hit that happens in almost every game because of the result and who he is. I dont expect anyone to do him any favors and yeah he deserves a lot of criticism for a lot of aspects of his game and as soon as the hit happened I knew he would be blamed for it.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
It's pretty minor, but I like this Desjaradins/Tokarski deal a whole lot. Montreal had nothing in the pipeline in terms of goalies and this definitely improves there. Love finally having a proactive GM.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Oh ****, Johnny Toews dropping the gloves. I really like seeing someone start a fight because the other guy dives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad