I'm a habs fan from montreal and I was already cheering for the blues :P

Pretty much everyone around me too .

I think blues are built for playoffs.

Nice team, nice fans, exciting hockey.

I wish Hitch would play tarasenko a bit more tho :P

Go blues.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Been a Blues fan for almost 20 years. From/living in Canada.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who already considers themselves sane and stable mentally.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
The Blues social media team is on point. The Rams social media team was terrible (likely intentionally) and while I love the Cardinals, their social media work is annoying.

The Blues media employees really do a great job. I guess it should be no surprise that the hockey team relates best to the fans.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Jet's fan here. The Blues were already my adopted team before this video. Good luck the rest of the way.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Been a Blues fan for almost 20 years. From/living in Canada.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who already considers themselves sane and stable mentally.

Ha! Ha! - I, too, am a Canadian (from Winnipeg), who adopted The Blues in 1967. After 49 seasons, I'm still waiting for them to win The Stanley Cup! I'm still waiting for The Jets to win, as well! I was already in my 20s in '67, so I'm hoping they win it all this season, or, at least in this contention window, as I want, at the very least, for them to get it done, at least ONCE, in my lifetime (preferably 10 years in a row, starting with the first!) :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Last edited:

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis
The best part is that the Blues are playing Oh Canada tomorrow in addition to the Star Spangled Banner. This per Sportsnet.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The best part is that the Blues are playing Oh Canada tomorrow in addition to the Star Spangled Banner. This per Sportsnet.

That's something I've ALWAYS thought should be done, starting in 1951, when I first starting watching NHL games, as The NHL was a 2-country league, and more than half the players, coaches and GMs were from Canada. As far as I know, they still are.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They're not doing it anymore which I'm glad for because that would be dumb. It just screams "we're trying way too hard to gain bandwagon Canadian fans!" This game is in the United States, and no Canadian teams are playing. Truth be told, I think you could make a debate that any anthem before sporting events could probably be done without, but if it's just one for the home country, I can live with it.

That's something I've ALWAYS thought should be done, starting in 1951, when I first starting watching NHL games, as The NHL was a 2-country league, and more than half the players, coaches and GMs were from Canada. As far as I know, they still are.
Sure they still are but there's players from several different countries in each game, just like there are a lot of Latinos in baseball. But why should that mandate another anthem being played? You have to draw the line somewhere and just exclude all the outliers, not just the ones of your choice because there's not as many of them...

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
Am a Blues fan formerly from Canada, there is little chance the Blues are successful. The main reason: watch a Blues game broadcast on a US National station and even most times with Canadian broadcaster. St. Louis is never the focal point. As a Blues fan who often can't find a FS broadcast, it's painful to watch Blues games.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
As a canadian, the blues are a team I can get behind, but I'm cheering on Thornton for his first cup rn. If u knock out the sharks I'll be cheering for you to take the cup! Good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad