Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I quit looking at the playoffs standing once we went into take mode. Do they even have a chance? Couldn’t even tell you how many points they are back and who they are chasing.

Well, L.A. isn't exactly playing well, as we just saw. Kopitar has been amazing, Doughty is really good, but hte rest of the team has been iffy. Calgary is also iffy, and it's easily buyable we can hold them off. Were things get iffy is Colorado, who is playing really good hockey right now, having only lost 1 of their last 10 in regulation. If they slow down, we... have as good a shot as anyone at the 8 seed if we warm up? The problem is, if we actually want to do... anything at all in the playoffs, we probably need to climb to 7th and avoid Nashville. That means catching Dallas, which, maybe? They aren't lighting the world on fire right now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah he was noticeable in a good way today. Could end up being some silver lining to JBow getting hurt.
Totally agree. I thought he looked pretty good against San Jose too, even tho he didn't get a lot of ice time. Hopefully he can keep it up and gain some confidence!

Reactions: Bendak

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Where’s Anaheim, Calgary and Minny?

Anaheim is in 3rd in the Pacific at 80 (Sharks at 81), Calgary is 1 point ahead of us but have played one more game. Minny is on fire, up to 85 points. Dallas at 82 is the more realistic goal right now.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Well guys the only games we have won lately are games I decided to not watch.... So I will leave it up to you guys, should I watch next game and continue the tank, or should I earn some points with the wife and skip the next game also to push for the playoffs?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
No way we win a round in the playoffs giving up 2/3 of the possessions off the dot.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
No way we win a round in the playoffs giving up 2/3 of the possessions off the dot.

I actually value +/- over faceoff percentage as a major stat in hockey. Tampa is sitting at 28th in the league in faceoff percentage this year, I think they are doing just fine.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Well guys the only games we have won lately are games I decided to not watch.... So I will leave it up to you guys, should I watch next game and continue the tank, or should I earn some points with the wife and skip the next game also to push for the playoffs?

This win pretty much ends the tank talk. No way we are dropping to top 10 now.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
This win pretty much ends the tank talk. No way we are dropping to top 10 now.

Being legitimate, the fact that the Rangers/Islanders/Blackhawks just refused to actually win was ending it for us anyway. It was very easy to see us falling to 11th, but 10th was a long shot at best.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I actually value +/- over faceoff percentage as a major stat in hockey. Tampa is sitting at 28th in the league in faceoff percentage this year, I think they are doing just fine.
We are talking two different teams.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Because they wanted to inflate the goal support numbers for Allen
It's pretty crazy how little the Blues have scored when Allen is in net. Seriously though, I can't live through another year where Allen is freakin Patrick Roy towards the end of the regular season. Either be Roy or be Allen.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Isn’t a playoff berth usually over 90 points. How many points do we need for a playoff spot?

97 have to go 10-4
96 have to go 10-3-1
95 have to go 9-5
94 have to go 8-5-1
93 have to go 8-6
92 have to go 7-6-1
91 have to go 7-7

Know it’s like 25 percent chance on sportsclubstats just interested in actual points

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Isn’t a playoff berth usually over 90 points. How many points do we need for a playoff spot?

97 have to go 10-4
96 have to go 10-3-1
95 have to go 9-5
94 have to go 8-5-1
93 have to go 8-6
92 have to go 7-6-1
91 have to go 7-7

Know it’s like 25 percent chance on sportsclubstats just interested in actual points
Hitting 95 points probably gives them about a 50-50 shot of getting in.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Too little, too late. The time to make a push was a couple of weeks ago, before we gave up Stastny. I also don't see us keeping our first, so I hope they keep pushing, even if it's just for pride and to give some play time to the youngsters.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Well damn, was Home tonight and didn’t realize it was an early game. And it looks like we might have actually played well based on the score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad