Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
What I said was Perunovich was already losing on Terry once he got up to speed and decided to try and knock the puck loose. That didn't work and his last option was to take the play away and hook the player. If he skates hard the entire way on the play, Terry still gets an easy breakaway and another Ducks player is following behind Perunovich. The video is clear, there was no way Perunovich was catching Terry once he got the puck.
I disagree. If Perunovich was close enough to hook Terry, then he was close enough catch up.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
Didn't read through everything but went to the game last night and figured I'd comment.

The team looks tired, we didn't have that extra 10% to give in battles last night, the extra step or effort needed wasn't there. I thought we looked solid for how thin we are and how warn down we are getting.

Gillies looked solid, weak on his rebound control but positionally sound, as long as the D stay at home in front and pick up sticks and clear pucks we should be ok till reinforcements arrive. Felt bad for him losing the game the way he did.

Logan Brown looked good to me again. Had several nice set ups and creativity that didn't translate.

I have liked most of the call ups to this point, but didn't think Peca had a great game. Not a lot of positive impact but did have a few mistakes. I know we are testing our depth to breaking point but hoping they have other options in mind.

Tanks shot seems off, or at least his shot selection. I have noticed it for a few games but he is taking way longer to get the puck off his stick instead of firing it. I would have been worried about his injuries but he started the year better than this. It feels like confidence to me. He isn't having the accuracy he seems to have had so I wonder if a lot of it is in his head.

Overall a disappointing end to what felt like a quiet game with a tired team. Hopefully some rest and extra bodies will give them a jump for the next game.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
walman doesn't have the ceiling of Peru, but RIGHT NOW he's just as good offensively, or better. again, that's RIGHT NOW.

he's very good with the puck. Peru WILL be good, no doubt. but the last few games he seems to be caught in between or making bad decisions. no doubt he should work thru it, but it's not unexpected for a young'en
You are apparently watching different walman than me. Guy I see skates well but is slow getting shot off, no offensive vision, no offensive awareness, and basically does nothing to produce offense.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I missed tonight's game, again because of family commitments. But I will watch the replay. The bad thing about The Blues' games' time schedule when you are in USA and Canada is that family events are scheduled during game times. :ha: The good thing is that you can get a full night's sleep. :DD The bad thing about The Blues' games' time schedule when you are in Europe is that games run mostly between 1:00 and 5:00 during the late night and very early morning, and you feel like garbage if you have to work the next morning. :ha: The good thing is that you can see ALL the Blues' games for which you have access. :)
giphy.gif

I have to say I have watched only 2 Blues game live this season. Normally I have watched +75games + playoffs. That is hard.

Looks like @jura is watching most from Blues games from Europe. Dude is monster. I'm getting old. :thumbd:

And when I watch, I have to watch under sheets and no sound so women doesn't get pissed. Being single was easier.

Reactions: jura

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
giphy.gif

I have to say I have watched only 2 Blues game live this season. Normally I have watched +75games + playoffs. That is hard.

Looks like @jura is watching most from Blues games from Europe. Dude is monster. I'm getting old. :thumbd:

And when I watch, I have to watch under sheets and no sound so women doesn't get pissed. Being single was easier.
If your woman objects to you watching blues games then you need to find a different woman.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I know we lost and we're pretty battered, but it's not a terrible loss. Half the team is out and we're hanging in there and fighting back and our call-ups with exception have really stolen the shown in the last few games. This should all be positive because the train is battered but refuses to derail. We're picking up points while players are learning the ropes and some are getting second chances to prove what they're worth. It's all win here and our depth is ridiculous. We got four goalies that can start and hang in there. We got lots of solutions and some of those can turn into chips to get the pieces we need at the TDL if worse comes to worse without risking the core.

Cup Ring on the finger, team still in playoff position, these are great days to be a Blues fan.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
If having four goalies that can walk in against a team and slam the door on them is being disrespectful, then damn right I am! :)
Dude, I may have barely graduated kindergarten, but I'm pretty sure there are five goalies in that list.

Hold on....lemme double check.

Yep!

Five

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Dude, I may have barely graduated kindergarten, but I'm pretty sure there are five goalies in that list.

Hold on....lemme double check.

Yep!

Five

But we can't call up Hofer (something about Cap bs unless I'm totally off which hey, I might be...) which is why I said four....

But that's a good point, we do have FIVE. That makes it even more badass.

I'm not being disrespectful on any level, it's obvious my kindergarten comprehension failed before pre-school lol.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If your woman objects to you watching blues games then you need to find a different woman.
Sidenote.

She was tired and it was our 4th time together. She wanted to sleep and I flashing my phone with sounds on. :laugh:

I tested the water and I introduced hfboards and my fanatism to her and she found out 'my thing is sexy' that somebody is so passionate to something. St Louis Blues and my ex passion esports.

I was literally shocked. Before I was shy about my passions what I'm fanatic about, but she loved it. I guess this women has potential to be the one.

Btw she laughed why I have this avatar on my profile. It is so sarcastic.

She is forcing/pushing me to go NA and watch on live St Louis game. Well it's my dream. Maybe someday..

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Sidenote.

She was tired and it was our 4th time together. She wanted to sleep and I flashing my phone with sounds on. :laugh:

I tested the water and I introduced hfboards and my fanatism to her and she found out 'my thing is sexy' that somebody is so passionate to something. St Louis Blues and my ex passion esports.

I was literally shocked. Before I was shy about my passions what I'm fanatic about, but she loved it. I guess this women has potential to be the one.

She is forcing/pushing me to go NA and watch on live St Louis game. Well it's my dream. Maybe someday..
Do it! Do it! Do it! HFBoards Ranksu welcoming to the States party!

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Sidenote.

You showed her your post history? And she didn't leave you on the spot?

Wow! Might be the one, indeed!

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad