jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
let's do this!! :popcorn:

dakota-vs-mtl.gif

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
not sure about this game. ANA is really playing well this year. seems they're ahead of their rebuild timeline

will be interesting to see if Lindy starts again, especially after not having to work extremely hard last night

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Some notes about tonights game.

-Bozak may be available to play
-No word on whether Kyrou is able to go
-Gibson left the Ducks game last night with an injury, status uncertain

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This is getting absolutely absurd. Kyrou out tonight, so we are yet again playing a man short. The NHL really needs to get its shit together. This is an embarrassment.
How is it nhl fault we have 11 guys out? The rules are exactly set up for this; you play short 1 game then you get cap exemption.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
How is it nhl fault we have 11 guys out? The rules are exactly set up for this; you play short 1 game then you get cap exemption.
Doesn't make the rules any less absurd and embarrassing.

I want an explanation of the current COVID protocol rules in terms of cap situations.

Maybe I'm going to have to look it up myself.

EDIT: hmmmm....getting closer to an answer. Teams will receive cap relief when a player is "suspended" without pay while in the COVID protocol.

Need to read more on this.

EDIT: Last season, teams were allowed cap relief for players in COVID protocol.

Piece by piece to understand why the rules are the way they are. It's all about risk and advantage, but I don;t have enough dots in order to connect them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Seattlebjprice

Nov 6, 2021

My point of view is that a chunk of guys are out due to something contagious, which squeezes the options before normal injuries occur.

The NHL should have addressed the fact that unlike knee injuries, it was likely Covid cases would occur in bunches because hockey is a close physical sport played in a dry cold climate.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
My point of view is that a chunk of guys are out due to something contagious, which squeezes the options before normal injuries occur.

The NHL should have addressed the fact that unlike knee injuries, it was likely Covid cases would occur in bunches because hockey is a close physical sport played in a dry cold climate.
They have protocols in place to mitigate risk. And when bunch of guys are out the cap exemption rules apply. We aren’t only club that has had to deal with it.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

The vast majority of the players out are not due to COVID, so it’s not like the Blues wouldn’t be in a bind regardless.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Pray tell how it is leagues fault we have 3 guys with Covid.
Because there should be a Covid/exempt list, like other sports have. Or a taxi squad, you know, like we had last year. It’s really not difficult to do.

Punishing teams and making them play short during a global pandemic is a bush league rule and makes the league look like the f***ing joke they often times are.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Because there should be a Covid/exempt list, like other sports have. Or a taxi squad, you know, like we had last year. It’s really not difficult to do.

Punishing teams and making them play short during a global pandemic is a bush league rule and makes the league look like the f***ing joke they often times are.
The larger issue is we have 8 guys hurt. That is why we are in this bind.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The larger issue is we have 8 guys hurt. That is why we are in this bind.
Not really. If we could replace Faulk and Bozak who are out due to Covid, we would be able to ice a full lineup. That’s all I’m asking for. I wouldn’t want any of our opponents to have to play short either because it’s annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad