Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I think maybe a bit of both. I don't think he's a 30+ goal 60 point player (would love to be wrong) but I think he's definitely taking the next step. He's just now 26. I could definitely see him as a 20 goals 40-45 points guy. He's always had a decent shot %, and now he's seeing a lot more even strength and even PP time on ice. I think he's an above average 3rd liner or a borderline top 6 two way forward. He's also making a VERY strong case to make the Russian Olympic team (if it happens). I saw some projecting him to be Russia's 3rd line center with Tarasenko, and I bet Buch would be on that line also.

Barbashev's last year in juniors -
57 GP45 G50 A95 Pts
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kyrou may be most dangerous player on team, but that doesn’t make him the best.

That’s a tough debate. What determines the best player? All around play? Most important to the team? I really don’t know how to quantify the best player, especially on a team without a superstar.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Nice to see you guys are enjoying Logan over here. Part of a handful of posters who defended him and preached patience. Alas…our GM is one of the dumbest men to walk this earth.
Merry Christmas. You get a 6’6” young foreward oozing skill. And a good guy to boot.

We got a few decent games from Sanford and that’s probably it.
Hope Browny can keep it rolling.
He was good in just about all his Ottawa games btw.
Damn shame the organization f***ed that up. We’re playing fricking Chris Tierney in his place. Shaking my damn head.

Good luck boys.
thx for the post and sorry for your situation, fan wise. has got to be frustrating.

btw, you'll get another good week or so out of sanford... just enuff to raise your hopes... then....

lather, rinse, repeat

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That’s a tough debate. What determines the best player? All around play? Most important to the team? I really don’t know how to quantify the best player, especially on a team without a superstar.
I dunno, but probably not a 1-dimensional player who plays limited minutes and isn’t helping club when he isn’t scoring.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I dunno, but probably not a 1-dimensional player who plays limited minutes and isn’t helping club when he isn’t scoring.

Not saying Kyrou is our best player necessarily, but what you described would fit Patrick Kane's description on the Blackhawks so...

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not saying Kyrou is our best player necessarily, but what you described would fit Patrick Kane's description on the Blackhawks so...
If he produced like Kane, sure. But Buch is producing just as well and he is strong in all zones and plays in all circumstances. Thomas is producing similar and can control play and make teammates better.

There is reason that he plays 16 minutes a night. He still has more to give and when he does then he may well be our best player. But he isn’t yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
If he produced like Kane, sure. But Buch is producing just as well and he is string in all zones and plays in all circumstances. Thomas is producing similar and can control play and make teammates better.

There is reason that he plays 16 minutes a night. He still has more to give and when he does then he may well be our best player. But he isn’t yet.

Im not refuting any of what you just said. Just referencing your quote about 1 dimensional players not being the best player on a given team.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Sorry to invade GDT
Curious how Perunovich has looked for you guys?
Pretty much as advertised and expected. He's of the prototypical new-breed of smallish offensive-defensemen.

Skating, vision, passing all very good.

He's made a few super bad plays on defense, but his offense somewhat makes up for the defensive gaffes.

What is going on with barbashev this year? Did this guy legit turn a corner or is he on a hot streak? He looks phenomenal out there.
He was drafted barely out of the 1st, so that sometimes means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad