Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Nice win in what I would consider a must win game vs a bottom dweller.

Brown continues to impress with his overall game. Kind of crazy he cleared waivers if he can maintain this level and continue to develop.

The Russians are fun to watch. Tarasenko needs to get off the schneid but still contributes.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
After the last few games, I have far more faith in our minor leaguers than some of our vets. We're better when we're banged up lol. Let's keep this train rocking boys!

Believe in the Note!

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nice to see you guys are enjoying Logan over here. Part of a handful of posters who defended him and preached patience. Alas…our GM is one of the dumbest men to walk this earth.
Merry Christmas. You get a 6’6” young foreward oozing skill. And a good guy to boot.

We got a few decent games from Sanford and that’s probably it.
Hope Browny can keep it rolling.
He was good in just about all his Ottawa games btw.
Damn shame the organization f***ed that up. We’re playing fricking Chris Tierney in his place. Shaking my damn head.

Good luck boys.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Missed the game. Tried to watch on a phone while at a volleyball game.

One of those must wins that they won.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I thought the Blues had it rough with 9 players out, but Montreal has 12. It was fun to see them make their improbable finals run last season, but they stink this year.

I'm glad Allen received an ovation and warm welcome. I was surprised that with all the great goalies in Blues history, Allen is the guy that is #2 for all time wins. I would not have guessed that. I also appreciated what Pang mentioned about Allen impersonating opposition goalies for the team's preparation during the Cup run. That type of stuff deserves credit, and rarely gets noticed by the casual fan.

This team seems to be doing what it needs to do: navigate the injuries and absences, keep collecting enough points so that they're in playoff position. Now just to get healthy and peak at the right time. Minnesota and Colorado probably get the top 2 seeds in the division. (When they were buying out Parise and Suter, how many of us were envisioning them winning the division?)

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I don't know how sustainable this 4th line's production and energy are, but they remind me of that CPR line back in the day

Had to catch a late replay of the game. Completely agree with this. The CPR line’s sum effect on the ice was always greater than it’s parts alone. No idea if they can keep it up but it’s great to watch!

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
What is going on with barbashev this year? Did this guy legit turn a corner or is he on a hot streak? He looks phenomenal out there.
I think maybe a bit of both. I don't think he's a 30+ goal 60 point player (would love to be wrong) but I think he's definitely taking the next step. He's just now 26. I could definitely see him as a 20 goals 40-45 points guy. He's always had a decent shot %, and now he's seeing a lot more even strength and even PP time on ice. I think he's an above average 3rd liner or a borderline top 6 two way forward. He's also making a VERY strong case to make the Russian Olympic team (if it happens). I saw some projecting him to be Russia's 3rd line center with Tarasenko, and I bet Buch would be on that line also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad