Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This is one of those games that we have to win. We have already left so many points on the table against "weaker" competition. I would really like to see an offensive explosion out of ROR tonight. His overall game has been fine but I feel like the offense just hasn't been there this year yet.

Minnesota is running away with the division. Colorado jumped us with their win last night and still have 2 games in hand. That leaves us in a dog fight with Nashville, Winnipeg and Dallas. We can not afford to lose to a team on the bottom of the Eastern Conference. I am begging the boys, don't play down to them.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This is one of those games that we have to win. We have already left so many points on the table against "weaker" competition. I would really like to see an offensive explosion out of ROR tonight. His overall game has been fine but I feel like the offense just hasn't been there this year yet.

Minnesota is running away with the division. Colorado jumped us with their win last night and still have 2 games in hand. That leaves us in a dog fight with Nashville, Winnipeg and Dallas. We can not afford to lose to a team on the bottom of the Eastern Conference. I am begging the boys, don't play down to them.
If you look at the underlying metrics, the Stars and Jets are playing at about their potential. I think both of those teams should be playing better, but it doesn't really seem to be the case despite their players racking up points. I do agree though, we need to start converting on these bad teams. The pacific isn't a pushover right now and the central is pretty tight. Get some space while you can and take these teams out by the trade deadline.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I like that he's trying to pick corners again tho. and he DEF has some velocity on that wrist shot. wowzers

Yeah his shot is starting to look a lot like old Vladi... and by that I mean missing the net and rimming all the way around the boards and out of the offensive zone.:sarcasm::D

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Below is a projected lineup based on Friday's team practice at Centene Community Ice Center...

PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Saad - O'Reilly - Kyrou
Buchnevich - Barbashev - Tarasenko
Walker - Schenn - Sundqvist
Joshua - Brown - Peca

Defense

Mikkola - Parayko
Scandella - Krug
Perunovich - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Lindgren