Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Bolts 7pm- Please No One Else Get Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
If Barb isn't ready for top 6 then switch him and Sobotka, but I just don't get why Yeo won't put Vova w/ Schenn and Jaskin w/ Stastny. Seem like MUCH better pairs to me, but guess he sees something I don't...or just maybe Yeo knows more about hockey and this team than I do haha
I think barbie is ready for that kinda role, or at least consistent playing time on third line... sure he will make mistakes, but at this point I think it is best for his development to be playing some higher competition

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
With Petro and Schwartz out, I think we are gonna get smoked by a very good Lightning team.

lightening-You-be-the-judge-pa.jpg

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think this one is going into OT tied at 2-2 with Allen sporting somewhere between 35 and 40 saves. Coin flip tells me that we lose in OT.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I think this one is going into OT tied at 2-2 with Allen sporting somewhere between 35 and 40 saves. Coin flip tells me that we lose in OT.
i think if most of the shots are comin from namestnikov, we are in good hands

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We barely beat Buffalo with this lineup then removed a useful player in Bouwmeester and now we are facing the top team in the league

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
One of two outcomes, we get blown out, or Tampa comes out flat and we grind out a win.

Hoping for Barbashev and Schmaltz to step up and make an impact tonight.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
One of two outcomes, we get blown out, or Tampa comes out flat and we grind out a win.

Hoping for Barbashev and Schmaltz to step up and make an impact tonight.
or we electrocute the completion.
7-0, Berglund 2 goals, Barbashev 2 goals, Tarasneko 2 goals, Allen goal

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Barbashev looked good in his first game back up but unless he's with Tarasenko I don't see him doing much offensively. I like their chemistry and hope they see some time together at some point this game

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We barely beat Buffalo with this lineup then removed a useful player in Bouwmeester and now we are facing the top team in the league
Blues dominated the shit out of Buffalo. That
game could have easily been a blowout. The redwings game was more competitive but everything the Blues fired went into the net. Sometimes the score doesn't reflect the on ice performance

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Blues dominated the **** out of Buffalo. That
game could have easily been a blowout. The redwings game was more competitive but everything the Blues fired went into the net. Sometimes the score doesn't reflect the on ice performance
Well I certainly hope we dominated the worst team in the National Hockey League. It'd be concerning even without Schwartz and Petro if we didn't. Our lineup is still better than the garbage they threw at us.

Tampa? Different story. Their offense wipes the floor in comparison to our group when healthy. Their defense is no slouch with three very, very good defenders and a couple decent supporting players. Vasy? One of the better goalies in the league, having a great season and asserting himself in the conversation for a top 10 NHL goalie. But, Allen isn't so bad himself.

In summary, their really good. I wouldn't be surprised if we were slaughtered but the desperation some of the young guys (Schmaltz in particular) should inflate their performance.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well I certainly hope we dominated the worst team in the National Hockey League. It'd be concerning even without Schwartz and Petro if we didn't. Our lineup is still better than the garbage they threw at us.

Tampa? Different story. Their offense wipes the floor in comparison to our group when healthy. Their defense is no slouch with three very, very good defenders and a couple decent supporting players. Vasy? One of the better goalies in the league, having a great season and asserting himself in the conversation for a top 10 NHL goalie. But, Allen isn't so bad himself.

In summary, their really good. I wouldn't be surprised if we were slaughtered but the desperation some of the young guys (Schmaltz in particular) should inflate their performance.
I was disputing the "barely" beat idea. Blues most likely get spanked tonight but bigger upsets have happened before.sometimes the rookies step up or Tampa may look at this game like a cake walk and get worked over.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS

The only saving grace here, is we historically play shitty teams, like we are a shitty team ourselves.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I like to put vCash on the opposition whenever I think the Blues area going to lose. Gives me something to feel good about if they actually do. If the Blues win, it's easy to forget about the vCash. The rare win-win bet.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If were going to lose I want it to be a shutout and for Stamkos to have a big game (fantasy hockey reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad