Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Bolts 7pm- Please No One Else Get Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
A week ago I would've felt a little more confident, but now....

Which is gonna be higher, the amount of goals we score or the amount of injuries obtained tonight. I'm going with the latter

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Bolts are going to overlook us with all our injuries like we did with Anaheim.....hopefully

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
No better test for Colton tonight. Will be wearing the “A” and presumably be matched up against the best line in hockey. Could do wonders for he and Eddy’s confidence, as their careers progress, if they play well against some of the best.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
A bit of silver lining for me is seeing how Parayko looks as the #1 D-man while Petro is out for this week (hopefully that’s all it is.) Not that I’m at all happy Pietrangelo is missing time but I think this is a unique situation for Colt and I believe he’s going to play well. His games really been rounding into form and I hope he continues that as he’ll be asked to take on more minutes the next couple games.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Well hopefully Colt, Schenn, and Vladdy can at least make it look like a competitive game tonight.
maybe they can all fight and break fingers so we can finally ice a top line of Steen-Berglund-Thorburn and a top D pairing of Dunn-Zo

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
With a lot of talent out, I’m sure Parayko understands more than ever that he’s the show now. Hopefully that gives him the push to unleash full God Mode. I know he has it in him, he’s just too nice of a guy to take the reins.

Parayko pots 2 tonight, and Tarasenko gets 1.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Call me crazy, but fully expecting Allen to go into "god-mode" and steal some points for us...excited to see how Schmaltz handles being thrown into the fire against a team like TB. Really wish Yeo would switch up the lines a bit, would love to see:

Steen - Stastny - Jaskin
Barbashev - Schenn - Vova
Sobotka - Berglund - PRV/Blais

Reactions: thedustman

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, honestly, I have so little expectations for this game due to the injuries it's just going to be an interesting test for our youngens. Let's see how Jaskin, Barbashev, Colt, Ed, Dunn, and Schmaltz react to being put against the best team in the East. We might lose, but we could see some people prove some things tonight.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Call me crazy, but fully expecting Allen to go into "god-mode" and steal some points for us...excited to see how Schmaltz handles being thrown into the fire against a team like TB. Really wish Yeo would switch up the lines a bit, would love to see:

Steen - Stastny - Jaskin
Barbashev - Schenn - Vova
Sobotka - Berglund - PRV/Blais
actually love those lines

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
actually love those lines
If Barb isn't ready for top 6 then switch him and Sobotka, but I just don't get why Yeo won't put Vova w/ Schenn and Jaskin w/ Stastny. Seem like MUCH better pairs to me, but guess he sees something I don't...or just maybe Yeo knows more about hockey and this team than I do haha

tomin

AintNoSeats
Dec 18, 2014
Haha this is hilarious. Colt has to have an career night basically the whole next week. I hope he is as excited and I am to watch him dominate. This is a playoff type game in level of ‘want too’ he’s gotta bring.

Vova
Colt
Steen
Bergy

Big night tonight.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Haha this is hilarious. Colt has to have an career night basically the whole next week. I hope he is as excited and I am to watch him dominate. This is a playoff type game in level of ‘want too’ he’s gotta bring.

Vova
Colt
Steen
Bergy

Big night tonight.

Don’t forget Allen, too. Any game he plays in he’s going to have to be at his best, especially tonight with Bouwmeester and Petro out.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Go Blues. Not expecting much tonight, but I'm excited to see the Dunn-Schmaltz pairing. I feel like it will either be magic or a total tire fire. Against a team like the Bolts, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Oh well. I like the Bolts(Point, Kucherov, and Stamkos mostly).

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Allen is going to have to absolutely steal a few games for us in the coming weeks. Not feeling too great about this game but the good news is we seemingly always play good teams much better than worse teams. I would honestly be a lot more down on our odds if this was like ARI or someone along those lines as we always just throw up perimeter shots against bad teams for some reason.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
I’m not hopeful for this one but I wouldn’t take anything from this game as a clear sign. Just stay healthy and stay out of the penalty box and see what happens

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Well this is going to be a slaughter tonight.

Uh-huh. The Lightning won't even know what hit 'em.

JIM-Carey-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Reactions: thedustman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad