Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Nice to hear Edmundson is back but that means Schmaltz is the odd one out. I've really liked Schmaltz's play lately, I'd like to see him and Bortuzzo interchange on the bottom pairing. Having Schmaltz just sit in the press box would be a waste.

I like Schmaltz a lot. He's legit. Always thought Shatty should of been dealt from the get go and Schmaltz should of gotten jump start last year. Blues are in a tough spot with this kid, too much depth in front of him but unless the Blues can get fair value for him in a trade ( another young forward ), it would be stupid to short change yourself in a trade just to unload him. So I don't know what they're going to do with him. I think the Blues like Bortuzzo's toughness in lineup so this is a problem.

Reactions: Bendak

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Ed is back sooner than I expected! I'm gonna go catch a few fish to test the luck of my #91 hat. This way I'll know whether or not to wear it tonight.

LGB!!

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Anyone have the updated D pairings with Eddy in? It would kill me to see anyone aside from Gunnar benched right now. Have a feeling it's going to be Schmaltz as the odd man out, would like to see him get some confidence rolling though, appeared to have a strong game last game. Sooooo happy Vinny is getting top 4 mins now.

I swear to god if Yeo rolls out what I think he is:

Eddy - God
Gunnar - Jesus
The Holy Spirit - Bort

I will be one very unhappy camper.

Jesus Bendak you are on top of your game today, this wasn't posted more than 10 seconds before the like came in. :thumbu:

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Anyone have the updated D pairings with Eddy in? It would kill me to see anyone aside from Gunnar benched right now. Have a feeling it's going to be Schmaltz as the odd man out, would like to see him get some confidence rolling though, appeared to have a strong game last game. Sooooo happy Vinny is getting top 4 mins now.

I swear to god if Yeo rolls out what I think he is:

Eddy - God
Gunnar - Jesus
The Holy Spirit - Bort

I will be one very unhappy camper.

Jesus Bendak you are on top of your game today, this wasn't posted more than 10 seconds before the like came in. :thumbu:

Gunnar with Petro, Eddy with Borts

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Gunnar with Petro, Eddy with Borts

Thank you! Would rather not watch Pietro bogged down by Gunnar but I think it's at least smart to shelter Eddy's minutes a bit this quick off of an injury. Thank god Dunn is staying in the top 4, a little concerned that once Eddy catches up to speed though he's going to slide back down and Parayko is going to be stuck with him. Regardless I'm glad that the Gunnar Bort pairing isn't a thing.

Can we play Schmaltz instead of Bortuzzo? I like Bortuzzo but Schmaltz has...talent.

Hard to scratch Bortuzzo when he is producing this much the past couple of games. Honestly would much rather have Bort in anyways. He plays with an edge, something we need right about now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Can we play Schmaltz instead of Bortuzzo? I like Bortuzzo but Schmaltz has...talent.
It's not just about who is playing better between Schmaltz vs Bortuzzo...you have to factor in which player Ed is most comfortable playing with, considering it's his first game back. As good as Schmaltz has looked the past couple games, it's probably the right call to roll w/ Ed - Bortz pairing - at least initially.

JR wrote an article (LINK) about the injury to Edmundson, which includes some really brutal gifs and pictures, but this quote at the end stood out:

Joel Edmundson said:
I’m not switching my style. I won’t think twice about it. The guys say I’m crazy. I tell them, ‘I love blocking shots.’ Guys hate blocking shots, but they do it. I don’t know why, but I look forward to it. I love jumping in front of shots, especially if we’re playing somebody like (Montreal's Shea) Weber. I want to block that. It’s kind of weird. I’m just messed up in the head, I don’t know. The pain is going to go away, and it’s stopping a goal — that’s the main thing.

f***ing love this kid :laugh:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm glad that Edmundson is back, but also a little nervous. I hope he isn't rushing back too soon. I really wouldn't want him to re-injure himself. :( What kind of legal protection could he be wearing on his arm? I was thinking of something like a flexible cast. Any sport medicine buffs out there?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I'm glad that Edmundson is back, but also a little nervous. I hope he isn't rushing back too soon. I really wouldn't want him to re-injure himself. :( What kind of legal protection could he be wearing on his arm? I was thinking of something like a flexible cast. Any sport medicine buffs out there?

This is what he will have on tonight.

IMG_1510.jpg

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I like Eddie with Bortuzzo to start out. Get his wheels under him while beating a heavy pairing at the same time.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why did the Avs trade Duchene and O’Reilly? They have a good team and seems they should have kept building around those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad