Half-Assed GDT: Blues Vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
For what it's worth we were missing our #1 (EJ) & #5 (Barberio), our #3 got banged up in this game (Zadorov), and our 19 year old #4 had a rough game but is usually very good (Girard). If all goes well, by the playoffs only one of Nemeth, Siemens & Warsofsky will actually be in the lineup; and that's huge as the Siemens-Warsofsky pairing got absolutely massacred by you guys tonight

Sorry for prying in your thread *hides*
Lol, no need to hide. I am only one regular, but as far as I am concerned, if you are civil and make a valid contribution to the discussion, you welcome on our board. I would like to think that is the way we roll, here. :) It was a hard fought game, kudos to your team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol, no need to hide. I am only one regular, but as far as I am concerned, if you are civil and make a valid contribution to the discussion, you welcome on our board. I would like to think that is the way we roll, here. :) It was a hard fought game, kudos to your team.

Thanks for the kind words, we're generally the same way, but I always feel bad about posting in the other teams thread after a frustrating loss

I don't expect our D to match Nashville's or anything; but once EJ & Barbie get back we'll be a lot better than we have been lately...which has been a lot better than we were today. Now we pray that Zads doesn't wake up tomorrow realizing that he's now broken to :crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just reading the GDT now. (sigh :(). I recorded the game, as per usual, but I'm too tired to watch it. Very upsetting loss, but it seems like they wanted it just a little more. I am sorry for Easton's loss. As a pet owner since I was a small child, and having loved many, losing them never gets easier. There's still hope for the playoffs, I'm not putting my tattered flag down yet. :).

Last edited:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I guess I'm starting to set my expectations that the season ends on April 7th and Philly gets our #12-14 pick this year. Use the Jets pick to improve the team, add a couple of needed forwards, dump the passengers and let the chips fall where they may next year. Could be another year of no playoffs if the kids all come up as just about every team in the Central will be better, but at least it will be exciting next year.

Reactions: Bendak

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I have some thoughts from the game. I was in 113, row AA.

First: my nephew enjoyed it despite the fact that they lost so that's a plus.

Second: Berglund needs to get dropped on a rocket heading straight for the sun. That dude and his lax play resulted in goals 1 and 3. Armstrong needs to pull a Lehtera miracle again somehow. I pray Jarmo and company in Columbus are still stupid enough to want him.

Third: Pietrangelo wasn't bad but he wasn't good last night. Parayko and Edmundson need to be the #1 and #2 D start this next season. Drop Pietrangelo down. Parayko caught up to Mackinnon with great closing speed in the 3rd period. That was really impressive.

Fourth: The third goal was partially on Jake. You can't let that go in short side. Count me in with the group who wants to see Husso get some time. If he starts to shine, then it's him and Allen or him and a FA signee next season, but give the kid his shot. It can't hurt you at this point.

Fifth: This game underscores a severe need for a few more creative offensive forwards. We have enough 4th, 3rd and tweener players who are hard workers. We need more guys with finish. Any one who thinks this team wouldn't have been helped by Kyrou or Thomas is kidding themselves at this point. Sobotka, Jaskin, and partially Steen are wastes in the offensive zone. None are truly players who can create on their own or make their teammates better.

Sixth: Damn I really like Soshnikov. Kid drives the net hard. He's not afraid, and he's got decent skating ability. I could see a 4th line of him, Barbashev, and Foley being very exciting to watch.

Seventh: I love Brodziak and what he's brought but I'd rather save that little bit of money and let Barbashev or Sundqvist occupy that 4th line center role. Barbashev might not become the higher end playmaker some of us thought, but when he's with guys like Soshnikov, he plays with a big of an edge and I like that. He looked decent defensively as well.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Well that really depends on where the pick is and who's available at said pick.

If the pick is between 11-15, then if your scouts did their homework, that should be a very good player coming into the organization.

Reality is we don't know where the pick is yet so we can't make a clear judgement. I like Schenn, but he isn't a world beater. He's about an average 2C who had some crazy good luck the first 35-40 odd games. He definitely helped more than hurt and he isn't the reason we're where we are right now.

If we had the pick instead of Schenn and that picked turned out to be a player of Schenn's quality then I'd say that's a win.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If we had the pick instead of Schenn and that picked turned out to be a player of Schenn's quality then I'd say that's a win.

The way I see it is, if we didn’t have Schenn this year. We would be absolutely be dead last in central and more than likely have a be sitting at a 5-6 pre-lottery draft. We would have still traded Stastny and still likely not be in the market of not signing him. Could you imagine going into this off-season with a center depth of Berglund-Sobotka-Brodziak-Barbashev. FML.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
It’s pretty funny seeing how many people went after me in a personal way. I am shocked Easton hasn’t been jumping all over them, being the great mod that he is.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It’s pretty funny seeing how many people went after me in a personal way. I am shocked Easton hasn’t been jumping all over them, being the great mod that he is.
You cry for Allen? Allen was flat awful last night. Get over it.

Zero people don't attack person what I've read in this GDT, they are just puzzled how bad Allen was, if you take it too hard if your fan boy is bad its not our fault. Don't take blame in to yourself.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Im putting everything on the :blues again. I dont see the :avs winning this one. $175,250 on the :blues baby!
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad