Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Stars Game 5 Early Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I hope your team tears up that paper tiger, come Monday. Firmly on your bandwagon at this point.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So nobody else thinks Lindbohm could be better option for game 6 then Edmundson?

I see Lindbohm would bring more edge, position play and simple play not try bonehead moves then whst Edmundson have show last games. His confidence is down, but maybe scratch him would hurt hks play even more so no need to ruin his total confidence. But if this woukd be SCF, I could see we might see change.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So nobody else thinks Lindbohm could be better option for game 6 then Edmundson?

I see Lindbohm would bring more edge, position play and simple play not try bonehead moves then whst Edmundson have show last games. His confidence is down, but maybe scratch him would hurt hks play even more so no need to ruin his total confidence. But if this woukd be SCF, I could see we might see change.
I think the problem would be more of plugging him into a critical game with no playoff experience. Not a knock on Lindbohm, but it would be bold move to put him in.....

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

I wouldn't mind it but I doubt we'll see it. Who knows what we'll see though because I wasn't expecting Jaskin to be put in over Reaves or Ott.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park

I'd rather have Lindbohm than Bortuzzo with Shatty on the left.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think the problem would be more of plugging him into a critical game with no playoff experience. Not a knock on Lindbohm, but it would be bold move to put him in.....

He has played his best games when ö
pressure is highest.
Could Lindbohm play worse then Edmundson?
He almost cost this game, without Elliott and Lehterä w might be loosing this series by now.

Simple and less error gameplay would be most ideal on that role and I think Lindbohm would be ideal guy for that now knowing Ed isn't in his best and pointing this reg season Ed did face same threatment and he rebound back when Lindbohm played several games in his position.

I really don't see that bad move, maybe bold but not bad.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
pressure is highest.
He almost cost this game, without Elliott and Lehterä w might be loosing this series by now.

Simple and less error gameplay would be most ideal on that role and I think Lindbohm would be ideal guy for that now knowing Ed isn't in his best and pointing this reg season Ed did face same threatment and he rebound back when Lindbohm played several games in his position.

I agree with you.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
I think I'd give Lindbohm a try in game 6. Hitch has last change and can insulate him to ease him into the series. Edmundson was a liability today.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
pressure is highest.

Fair point. I didn't get to watch today's game but if Edmundson was still bad then your right...not much to lose. Worst case play the **** out of Boumeester and Gunnarsson.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine Chicago in 2014 moving in front of us and grabbing Fabbri instead of Schmaltz. This team wouldn't be nearly the same without Fabbri.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Imagine Chicago in 2014 moving in front of us and grabbing Fabbri instead of Schmaltz. This team wouldn't be nearly the same without Fabbri.

That would have been a very Bluesy outcome and I thought that's exactly what was going to happen

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Lindbohm is subject to the same kind of rookie errors as is Edmundson, and to throw him in cold wouldn't help. Edmundson has played a few NHL playoff games. Lindbohm was inconsistent in the lower pressure regular season games. Think how much pressure would be on him in his first NHL playoff game. Not a good idea. And I don't think he'd play with more edge than Edmundson.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Inserting Lindbohm wouldn't be a wise decision. Let's keep Edmundson, just get him to focus and zero in on the opposition. Have a talk with him. You don't know what Lindbohm would bring.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Didn't get to watch the game today, how did the Berg-Lehtera-Tarasenko and Schwartz-Steen-Backes lines look? Did they stay together the whole game?

Game 6 on Monday may as well be a game 7 for the Blues.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Didn't get to watch the game today, how did the Berg-Lehtera-Tarasenko and Schwartz-Steen-Backes lines look? Did they stay together the whole game?

Game 6 on Monday may as well be a game 7 for the Blues.

No Hitch went back to old lines, exception to putting Fabbri-Stastny-Brouwer again. Steen-Berglund-Backes then STL line.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Backes, Steen, Jaskin and Stastny had some bull shifts, protecting the puck and bulling over defenders on the forecheck. Stastny's checking is quite good when he wants to play physical. Its cool when they play like that. Need it for another 60 min boys!

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I would leave Ed in for game 6.

I would not break up Parayko-Gunnar under any circumstances. Parayko-Shatty was a disaster resulting in essentially no solid 2nd pairing for the D-Zone.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

So true. Fabbri is a game changing type of player. He and Parayko two of the main reasons the Blues are on the verge of the WCF. I remember saying this throughout the year...

Fabbri, Parayko, Brouwer, Upshall, Brodziak >>>>>>>>>> Oshie, Jackman, Leopold, Michalek, Lapierre, Jackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad