Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Stars Game 5 Early Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Lindy ruff needs to stop talking bout puck luck. Was he lost at sea, just hop off a boat in the gulf w scurvey, or did he coach a hockey game?. Never seen a coach drink so much water in a presser. Hand the man a lemon.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Petro was outstanding once again, Brouwer coming up with another clutch goal in front of the net, Fabbri taking his game to a whole new level.... This team is giving me so much hope I didn't know i could ever experience as a Blues fan.

post-21259-Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-gif-WlVk.gif

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That was an error. JBo is nowhere near 100 playoff games. He had never even been in the playoffs until he got to STL. I'm thinking he's played 24, including this year.

Yes he did, he played for Calgary against Chicago one year I remember.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
If we win this series, this turtle, non aggressive, style of prevent defense that we employ when we get a lead will not cut it in the next round. I know Hitch won't change it, but there have been a few games that we have seen the Blues stay aggressive and physical instead of trying to turtle it up. Every one of those games where they stayed aggressive, they have won. That should tell them every thing they need to know. It should not even be a question at this point. Continue to hit, check upon entry to the zone, stay aggressive on the puck, pinch, work your *** off. I know you are going to give up some chances when you play that way, but I think it has shown to be less of a chance than just turtle mode, and we actually get chances to score ourselves out of that kind of playl. Today and game 3 are pretty much the blueprint to win every game from here through the stanley cup. The question is whether they will recognize that and follow the same game plan.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
If we win this series, this turtle, non aggressive, style of prevent defense that we employ when we get a lead will not cut it in the next round. I know Hitch won't change it, but there have been a few games that we have seen the Blues stay aggressive and physical instead of trying to turtle it up. Every one of those games where they stayed aggressive, they have won. That should tell them every thing they need to know. It should not even be a question at this point. Continue to hit, check upon entry to the zone, stay aggressive on the puck, pinch, work your *** off. I know you are going to give up some chances when you play that way, but I think it has shown to be less of a chance than just turtle mode, and we actually get chances to score ourselves out of that kind of playl. Today and game 3 are pretty much the blueprint to win every game from here through the stanley cup. The question is whether they will recognize that and follow the same game plan.

I'm not sure where the pessimism is coming from, as we did not turtle in the 3rd with the lead. We played aggressive and got some good scoring opportunities. I think we learned from the mistakes of game 2.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Welp, that was somethin'.

That was Blues hockey (including the unbelievable turnovers). Robby Fabbri is going to be a star in this league.

Jaskin needs to skate the rest of the playoffs. Bortuzzo should be in Monday unless it messes up the pairings too badly.

The Blues are one win from the Western Conference finals. This could happen.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'm not sure where the pessimism is coming from, as we did not turtle in the 3rd with the lead. We played aggressive and got some good scoring opportunities. I think we learned from the mistakes of game 2.

Did you read my post at all? I literally stated that today and game three are blueprints to win every game from here on out. I wasn't being pessimistic, I was praising them for the way they played this game. My ire is that we typically haven't played that way once we get a lead and it usually leads to a loss.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Well as sloppy [at times] as we played, we won. That's all that matters. Don't ignore the mistakes made but go in to the next game with a fresh state of mind.

Last time we had a chance to eliminate a team at Scottrade went well. Build off that.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Petro was outstanding once again, Brouwer coming up with another clutch goal in front of the net, Fabbri taking his game to a whole new level.... This team is giving me so much hope I didn't know i could ever experience as a Blues fan.

post-21259-Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-gif-WlVk.gif

I love how both of Brouwer's "clutch" goals have been the ugliest goals ever :laugh:

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Elliot saved us big time in that 3rd period, Blues could have easily blown another lead.

If we don't finish them Monday we are gonna lose the series, I just don't see Dallas losing three straight games at home.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
lol **** i completely forgot that this was an afternoon game. welp. how'd it go (beyond the final score)?

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
lol **** i completely forgot that this was an afternoon game. welp. how'd it go (beyond the final score)?

Sloppy first, Hitch messes with lines.
Good second, lines are back to normal, Jaskin looks hungry.
Third ummm okay. 3 SOG total though.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
3rd was not as bad as game 2s 3rd period. still too much turtling for my liking but elliott played good so it didnt matter.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Sloppy first, Hitch messes with lines.
Good second, lines are back to normal, Jaskin looks hungry.
Third ummm okay. 3 SOG total though.

3rd wasn't awful.
Dallas had only 1-2 legit scoring chances. That save in Eakins was huge.
We didn't generate much but neither did Dallas. Though some solid work on the PK.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
3rd wasn't awful.
Dallas had only 1-2 legit scoring chances. That save in Eakins was huge.
We didn't generate much but neither did Dallas. Though some solid work on the PK.

I didn't say it was awful. It was okay. Attempts on the empty net were hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad