Seravalli: Blues pursuing Timo Meier

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Don't hold much value unless you do this with each and every team under the same timeframe and without bias. Blues are good at drafting but your trying to present this into something it's not. Incredible in all caps eh? Sounds like exaggeration to me.

If your last two scouts were that good and are GM's for other teams now, do you have a good scouting team to find top scouts too? :sarcasm:
What a weak reply. You are the one making the claim that the Blues are in the "middle of the pack,"

"Blues are close to mid pack range at drafting talent from my assessment."​

so when you said that you must have a really good sense of all the other teams and their superior track record. You wouldn't have made that claim from one cursory look and one dishonest cherry pick now did you?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Montreal Canadiens, in the same 20-35 range in the cap era by the way:

... brutal ...

2022 – (26) Filip Mesar
2022 – (33) Owen Beck
2021 – (31) Logan Mailloux ... shameful
2018 – (35) Jesse Ylonen 31 games
2018 – (38) Alexander Romanov 193 games ... outside the 35 range but I'm bending over backwards to be fair
2017 – (25) Ryan Poehling 123 games
2015 – (26) Noah Juulsen 51 games
2014 – (26) Nikita Scherbak 37 games
2013 – (25) Michael McCarron 141 games
2013 – (34) Jacob de la Rose 242 games
2013 – (36) Zachary Fucale 4 games ... both him and Romanov included or neither
2012 – (33) Sebastian Collberg 0 games
2010 – (22) Jared Tinordi 136 games
2007 – (22) Max Pacioretty 855 games hey you got one!! Aww, that's so sweet.
2006 – (20) David Fischer 0 games

I mean that is horrendous and laughable so I do understand the magic beans concept from Montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What a weak reply. You are the one making the claim that the Blues are in the "middle of the pack,"

so when you said that you must have a really good sense of all the other teams and their superior track record. You wouldn't have made that claim from one cursory look and one dishonest cherry pick now did you?

Not a weak reply. We are getting off topic now. You said what you said and I said what I said.

I actually have done a lot of research on drafting and it wasn't a one look approach. I have yet to update it lately but I plan on this summer. Created this post years ago. Best Drafting Teams in the NHL.

Blues have done well but they are close to mid pack range. Maybe 10-15 ranking. You're trying to spin it into the Blues being one of the best at it. Like I said, not according to my research.

Probably best to bring it back to Meier now. Blues Drafting is a side debate.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Montreal Canadiens, in the same 20-35 range in the cap era by the way:

... brutal ...

2022 – (26) Filip Mesar
2022 – (33) Owen Beck
2021 – (31) Logan Mailloux ... shameful
2018 – (35) Jesse Ylonen 31 games
2018 – (38) Alexander Romanov 193 games ... outside the 35 range but I'm bending over backwards to be fair
2017 – (25) Ryan Poehling 123 games
2015 – (26) Noah Juulsen 51 games
2014 – (26) Nikita Scherbak 37 games
2013 – (25) Michael McCarron 141 games
2013 – (34) Jacob de la Rose 242 games
2013 – (36) Zachary Fucale 4 games ... both him and Romanov included or neither
2012 – (33) Sebastian Collberg 0 games
2010 – (22) Jared Tinordi 136 games
2007 – (22) Max Pacioretty 855 games hey you got one!! Aww, that's so sweet.
2006 – (20) David Fischer 0 games

I mean that is horrendous and laughable so I do understand the magic beans concept from Montreal
At the end of the day, the Sharks are probably in the camp of not having great drafting. It's hard to say due to recent managerial changes to tell so for them it's likely to be magic beans for them until they show otherwise. Maybe they believe in themselves to make good use of the picks but it doesn't mean that that's going to be the most appealing package offered to them. I just don't see how the Sharks are going to put that much stock into picks currently at 27 and 29 and think that's going to be a better package than say Morrow and #31 from the Hurricanes or Holtz and 30 from New Jersey.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Not a weak reply. We are getting off topic now. You said what you said and I said what I said.

I actually have done a lot of research on drafting and it wasn't a one look approach. I have yet to update it lately but I plan on this summer. Created this post years ago. Best Drafting Teams in the NHL.

Blues have done well but they are close to mid pack range. Maybe 10-15 ranking. You're trying to spin it into the Blues being one of the best at it. Like I said, not according to my research.

Probably best to bring it back to Meier now. Blues Drafting is a side debate.
No, no, you brought it up because nothing could be more central to the question of "do the Blues later two picks hold value" which is front and central to the Meier discussion by any honest reckoning. And as your central claim in that fully central debate you stated,

I am following your lead and the instant you get a challenge you try to claim it's a tangent (no) that I am attempting to take us down (no).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, no, you brought it up because nothing could be more central to the question of "do the Blues later two picks hold value" which is front and central to the Meier discussion by any honest reckoning. And as your central claim in that fully central debate you stated,

I am following your lead and the instant you get a challenge you try to claim it's a tangent (no) that I am attempting to take us down (no).

Move on time. I stand firm on what I said and I really don't care if you agree or not. I posted my research and it's done equally to all teams. You just listed Blues depth charts. Holds no value until you put it all together and measure each team the same way.

Bring it back to Meier

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
At the end of the day, the Sharks are probably in the camp of not having great drafting. It's hard to say due to recent managerial changes to tell so for them it's likely to be magic beans for them until they show otherwise. Maybe they believe in themselves to make good use of the picks but it doesn't mean that that's going to be the most appealing package offered to them. I just don't see how the Sharks are going to put that much stock into picks currently at 27 and 29 and think that's going to be a better package than say Morrow and #31 from the Hurricanes or Holtz and 30 from New Jersey.
I understand. I'm mainly replying to you in hopes you got to attend any Pulse shows in 94 because only those who know ... know

Move on time. I stand firm on what I said. Bring it back to Meier
Not playing this game, the value of picks for Meier was in question and you raised it. Own it. If you've done all the research then back up your words it should be easy but as demonstrated the Blues are top class at drafting in that range no matter what analysis you did in 2019

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I understand. I'm mainly replying to you in hopes you got to attend any Pulse shows in 94 because only those who know ... know

Not playing this game, the value of picks for Meier was in question and you raised it. Own it. If you've done all the research then back up your words it should be easy but as demonstrated the Blues are top class at drafting in that range no matter what analysis you did in 2019
I was unfortunately too young to appreciate Floyd at that point as I was still a kid. I have enjoyed watching those old concerts though and even their prime and early bootlegs.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I was unfortunately too young to appreciate Floyd at that point as I was still a kid. I have enjoyed watching those old concerts though and even their prime and early bootlegs.
i saw them my senior year in college, which would have been 93-94. It was outdoor show in electrical storm in Houston. Pouring rain, instruments shorting out, full light show, great music. Was surreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad