Seravalli: Blues pursuing Timo Meier

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I've no beef with the player, but his reported contact demands scare me and I don't see how this addresses a need. If you can straight fleece Grier, then ok, but I don't see that happening.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And it does sort of make sense. He'd be at the older end of the target age range that Army talked about 25-26 and younger, but still technically in that range. We'd have a forward core with Thomas, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Meier, and Schenn. And then we'd have our likely top 10 pick and Snuggerud to join them. And depending if they are still here after a deal, Bolduc and Neighbours, but I imagine at least 1 would be in the trade. That's a forward core that you can compete with.

Hofer and Zherenko as goalie prospects look to be close to ready, Hofer probably makes the team next season and Zherenko takes over as the AHL starter. This isn't as much of a concern as it would be to outsiders.

The big thing to a retool is the defense.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think they would be better off rebuilding at this point. Take the picks and use them at the draft along with other picks acquired from selling off other players. Seems like they’re opting for the mushy middle strategy which results in years of mediocrity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad