Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ less terrifying half of sharknado 9:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm comfortable with either guy in net, but I think Elliott should be prepared to be the game 1 starter. Allen needs a bit more time to get to 100% and is capable of playing well enough to win games should Elliott cool off. But Elliott has been in another zone dating back to that run prior to his injury.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm comfortable with either guy in net, but I think Elliott should be prepared to be the game 1 starter. Allen needs a bit more time to get to 100% and is capable of playing well enough to win games should Elliott cool off. But Elliott has been in another zone dating back to that run prior to his injury.

Which has been basically his whole season.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It was kind of hard to see from where I was watching. Did Thortob straight up whack Fabbri in the boys about halfway through the 3rd? Or what happened there?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It was kind of hard to see from where I was watching. Did Thortob straight up whack Fabbri in the boys about halfway through the 3rd? Or what happened there?

Yes. Then a pretty brutal crosscheck to Edmundson's lower back when he was on the ice. Backes smoked his stupid looking ass though.

If the STL line ever gets the stick out of their butts, we might have a good top 9

Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Steen Berglund Backes
Fabbri Stastny Brouwer

Steen and Schwartz might swap....the STL line is absolutely brutal in the dzone

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It was hilarious to watch because you could see the steam coming out of Edmundson's ears as he hunted Thornton down and then all the sudden Backes came out of nowhere and killed Jumbo.

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
It was hilarious to watch because you could see the steam coming out of Edmundson's ears as he hunted Thornton down and then all the sudden Backes came out of nowhere and killed Jumbo.

Any video of this? I wasn't able to stay up and watch the game.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

He almost killed Edmundson at the same time, that was a great hit.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Backes' hit on Thornton was better than Dumba's hit on Kane recently.

This was a gutty win. The way they killed off the 6 on 3 for so long....it was a statement. This year we've seen the team win games in LA, San Jose, Chicago. I can remember when this team couldn't do those things.

I don't know what to expect in the playoffs, but it feels like the potential is there to be better than past Blues squads. Will they have the right psychological mindset? If they find the eye of the tiger, this team is going to be a bear to knock out.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
That play from Brouwer to Fabbri for the goal was a world class thing of beauty!:yo:

That was a phenomenal play. Almost a Blackhawks/Kane-esque set play for instant offense D-zone to O-zone. Love how in tune Brouwer and Fabbri are right now. The Blues needed a little more risk in their game and credit Hitch for not reverting back to his conservative instincts and coaching some of the risk taking out of that line. Give Stastny credit too for being the anchor defensively.

Brouwer has become a different player. He's displaying levels of hockey sense that I never though possible.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Elliott is our #1.

tumblr_may483XHfA1qfr6udo1_400.gif

You have to admire how he has fight to get his starter position. I would run Elliott in 1st round who ever is coming against. IF Elliott thumbles then switch to Allen, but main point Blues should start with Elliott in 1st round.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Backes' hit on Thornton was better than Dumba's hit on Kane recently.

This was a gutty win. The way they killed off the 6 on 3 for so long....it was a statement. This year we've seen the team win games in LA, San Jose, Chicago. I can remember when this team couldn't do those things.

I don't know what to expect in the playoffs, but it feels like the potential is there to be better than past Blues squads. Will they have the right psychological mindset? If they find the eye of the tiger, this team is going to be a bear to knock out.

I'm starting to come to the same conclusion. I feel like if this team draws the Hawks in the first round and beats them, the confidence is going to boost them to a deep run. God I hope that happens.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm starting to come to the same conclusion. I feel like if this team draws the Hawks in the first round and beats them, the confidence is going to boost them to a deep run. God I hope that happens.

That's my only hope. We haven't seen when Blues fly and I believe that would happend if they beat 1st round curse.

Blues Fly :bb:

MoodyBlues_spot.jpg

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Just watched the game...what a terrific road win. One question though?

How is a 6-on-5 against an automatic goal...but the Blues somehow can kill a 6-on-3? WTF is up with that? Big moment there.

Also - we really need to catch and pass Dallas somehow. They've seemingly got Chicago's number, yet we're the ones facing the Champs in a 1st round matchup. Not good.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
-Stastny's playing like the #1 center we all hoped we'd get.
-Elliott looks like a legit #1 goalie.
-Fabbri's turning into a star right before our eyes.
-Berglund, Brouwer and Backes are all playing physical and will continue to provide solid seconday scoring.
-The defense is rounding into form
-The STL line looks bad right now, but Schwartz leads the team in points since coming back (if not, he's near the top during that time span) and you can never count out Tarasenko.

All of this without Steen, too! Feeling really good about this team going forward. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad