GDT: Blues@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
babs dont start Matthews, puts him out when the blues have posession yet again and they play keep away, great coaching job as usual.
100% this

The guy is 12-4 or whatever on faceoffs which obviously isn’t good enough so Kadri comes out to lose it and then throw Matthews out there for the other team to play keep away.

Just dumb decision by Babs

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seemed like there was an elbow or forearm to Marner there. Still a weak play from him though.

Marner is just brutal sometimes. Looks like someone's little brother out there. He's never moving fast enough and just gets smothered and boxed out all the time.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
marner was skating behind him daring him to break up the ice, dude your not that fast eh, plenty of fast skaters in the NHL buddy it aint junior

What are you talking about? He was obviously trying to pick off a reverse pass. Might be a smart thing 5v5 but it's an odd man the other way and that's what happened.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
this is NHL man, these are men, you never draw a penalty for what marner did so dont play so soft and just skate and play hard D

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end f*** the officials for saying its' fine to mug Matthews if you are losing the game. And poor effort by the Leafs outside of Andersen. They should have done more and just didn't.

I am awake, Marner got elbowed twice on the rush back... plus it was Bozak's responsibility

Pay attention to the game please
You mean the game that Marner played badly in all night? Yeah, people were watching. Thus the comments.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This is definitely a low point. I have no faith in this team anymore sadly. Be grateful our division is so miserable..this team is going nowhere in the playoffs.

On the bright side I don't see this team pushing the Bruins to 7 games so the loss will be less dramatic.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kadri loses a battle in the final minute again and they end up losing in OT

I am starting to wonder when he is going to actually do something for this team because at this point if you took him out of the lineup you lose nothing, he has done absolutely nothing for about 6 weeks

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Oh stop drinking the kool aid. He lost his man and can’t play D

Who is drinking the kool-aid... the guy who watched the play unfold and rationalized what had occurred or the one who jumped to an immediate (and incorrect) conclusion?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well, i'm just gonna play fire emblem awakening.
i thought that was a relatively good game - it was a bad breakdown, we got the point, move on.

Reactions: Keon1963

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This is definitely a low point. I have no faith in this team anymore sadly. Be grateful our division is so miserable..this team is going nowhere in the playoffs.
a quick sweep and babcock may start to make adjustments and alter his system. I would only say matthews is untouchable (even though he has been overrated by fans of this team). Marner and nylander are not playing like they deserve a long-term contract extension. I hate being so negative, but this team was supposed to be exciting. They had us feel hopeful for the first time in a long time. They were working hard and fun to watch. I just don't see the passion from the players, they look less skilled and slower. This season has been bad for in league results, but maybe, in the long run, our young core improve as players from getting beaten so much. 2 out of the big 3 are very inconsistent in the defensive zone. I also hate how much defending we have to do. Babcock always tries to line match versus trying to take it against opposing lines. This rebuild is definitely painful right now.

Reactions: TimeZone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad