GDT: Blues@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Man, starting Hyman and Kadri in the OT. Isn't this asking to get cycled for the next 90 seconds? That's on Babcock. Wasting a shift and then another 45 seconds of Matthews and Nylander time trying to retrieve the puck.

What did you think would happen?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Kadri loses a battle in the final minute again and they end up losing in OT

I am starting to wonder when he is going to actually do something for this team because at this point if you took him out of the lineup you lose nothing, he has done absolutely nothing for about 6 weeks
Not really a battle on the GTG, it was a turnover that he pressured.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
a quick sweep and babcock may start to make adjustments and alter his system. I would only say matthews is untouchable (even though he has been overrated by fans of this team). Marner and nylander are not playing like they deserve a long-term contract extension. I hate being so negative, but this team was supposed to be exciting. They had us feel hopeful for the first time in a long time. They were working hard and fun to watch. I just don't see the passion from the players, they look less skilled and slower. This season has been bad for in league results, but maybe, in the long run, our young core improve as players from getting beaten so much. 2 out of the big 3 are very inconsistent in the defensive zone. I also hate how much defending we have to do. Babcock always tries to line match versus trying to take it against opposing lines. This rebuild is definitely painful right now.

Many nights out there, you wonder what the hell Marner even brings. Just throws away the puck when it comes near him and gets completely physically isolated by the other team. I don't even think people worry about him. Just provide some adult supervision and he can't do anything.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Man, starting Hyman and Kadri in the OT. Isn't this asking to get cycled for the next 90 seconds? That's on Babcock. Wasting a shift and then another 45 seconds of Matthews and Nylander time trying to retrieve the puck.

What did you think would happen?

10000000000%

The guy calling the game was about to address that to... but stopped

"Fans are wondering why they don't start Matthews on the 3v3 and...." "oh here he comes now"

As blues have possession

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

I think you need to sit back, breathe, and realize who is the one caught in the group-think. I said Marner got elbowed in the face. But naw let's just ignore that and jump immediately to the ermagerd so terrible knee jerk ongoing monologue I see way too often on this site.

Reactions: stickty111

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Many nights out there, you wonder what the hell Marner even brings. Just throws away the puck when it comes near him and gets completely physically isolated by the other team. I don't even think people worry about him. Just provide some adult supervision and he can't do anything.
This is right on. You dont even need to worry he’s out there.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
if Babcock wakes up and joins the rest of the league in 2018 we'll be fine. if he insists on being a dinosaur we're going to continue to struggle despite how good of a roster we have

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri may not get another point this season. And Marner lol. Wtf

Kadri is a skilled player who I think is actually being wasted with his assignments night after night. He can't take that grind. He's in a role normally reserved for Patrice Bergeron. A Jordan Staal or someone with the build to take that grind would be a more appropriate player. Kadri needs to be in a Bozak role and be allowed to provide more offense.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
At this point Bozak needs to benched. He isnt doing anything now that his elite wingers have gone quiet. Does he want to do anything aside from shootout goals.
What a useless player

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Babs will of course blame this loss on something other then coaching.
what more could be done. How could an offense like ours possibly get more than 1 goal in 60 minutes + OT? all any good coach can do is throw Hyman and Komarov out there and pray

Reactions: Tlo1

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
10000000000%

The guy calling the game was about to address that to... but stopped

"Fans are wondering why they don't start Matthews on the 3v3 and...." "oh here he comes now"

As blues have possession

Matthews aside, I just don’t get why Kadri would start in a next goal wins situation.

Maybe earlier in the year but he’s definitely cold (1 point in 17 games now). Go with the hot hands.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Refs are always hesitant to call a penalty unless it's a no-doubter in overtime, players have to be aware of that.

Could have fooled me, they made a similar call against us in Colorado in OT. Rielly get's blatantly interfered with in the Columbus OT game....no call. Tonight, Matthews gets drilled from behind with a few minutes left, no call. Marner elbowed in the head in OT, no call.

KULEMINakajesus

Dec 8, 2010
If you have one guy behind the net there should be another forward high... defense is a team effort. It was a piss poor play from Mitch but where was Marleau

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
if Babcock wakes up and joins the rest of the league in 2018 we'll be fine. if he insists on being a dinosaur we're going to continue to struggle despite how good of a roster we have

You know, it's fit for purpose. There isn't anything wrong with what Babcock is preaching but how many 6'4" 220 bodies do we have to play that heavy game anyway?

All I see are guys like Kadri, Komarov, Carrick getting man handled trying to play a heavy game. They just bounce off the Blues, Sharks, Kings, etc. who naturally have the tools to play with physicality.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Kadri is a skilled player who I think is actually being wasted with his assignments night after night. He can't take that grind. He's in a role normally reserved for Patrice Bergeron. A Jordan Staal or someone with the build to take that grind would be a more appropriate player. Kadri needs to be in a Bozak role and be allowed to provide more offense.
Kadris biggest problem is he needs others to do the heavy lifting so he can bang in the 5 foot rebounds. Brown and Komarov last year were perfect for him. He just went to the net. Marleau is a goal scorer so he isn’t use to getting caught below the line digging out pucks for someone else. It just doesn’t work and it’s all to prop up Kadri

Alfie

Nov 5, 2016
I think you need to sit back, breathe, and realize who is the one caught in the group-think. I said Marner got elbowed in the face. But naw let's just ignore that and jump immediately to the ermagerd so terrible knee jerk ongoing monologue I see way too often on this site.
Marner needs to be traded

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

So what if he got elbowed in the face? Keep your feet moving and take the other guy down if you have to. Marner is just too soft and weak to compete at the moment. You breathe on him and he disappears. Lame stop up plays, drop passes, all it tells me is he's too scared and incapable of competing. The rest of the time he's flying around the perimeter getting nothing done and getting boxed out of the play in routine puck battles. If he's going to be a Patrick Kane, he needs to be a lot smarter about his physical positioning, strength, ellusiveness and willingness to compete. There's just nothing about his game that I like or is working right now.

Reactions: Minus Mitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->