GDT: Blues@Leafs 7 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
I know people will look at the leads lost and the defensive mistakes. but we should have had more and better chances to score. Leafs are structured to be an offensive focused team not a big defensive shutdown team. The creative and skilled plays that this team is capable of and was performing at the start of the season are just not being done anymore and thats whats holding us back.

At the start we were 2nd in PP now i think we're close to 15th and that the lack of focus on offense is the root cause that is really causing us to lose games.

Reactions: dsred

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Many nights out there, Marner looks like an elite player. Sometimes he falls victim to his pathetic shootout guy centre. 3 coaches have lost their job playing Bozak. Marner is still an elite player. The people saying "I dont know what he is doing" are the ones who pretend they can be patient when really they cant

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadris biggest problem is he needs others to do the heavy lifting so he can bang in the 5 foot rebounds. Brown and Komarov last year were perfect for him. He just went to the net. Marleau is a goal scorer so he isn’t use to getting caught below the line digging out pucks for someone else. It just doesn’t work and it’s all to prop up Kadri

Kadri is a 5'11" 190 pound guy asked to play a Ryan Kesler/Patrice Bergeron/Jordan Staal kind of game. You respect him for having the trust of the coach, but you'd probably get more mileage out of him if you used him like Bozak in a more sheltered role. Realistically, the Leafs need another big two way center to throw out there for burner minutes.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Playing Pond hockey to start the season is a lot different than midway. Once people get that through their head they will understand better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In summary, it was a hard fought game, but I'm thoroughly disgusted by many factors that lead to the Leafs loss. Some self inflicted wounds.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Kadri is a 5'11" 190 pound guy asked to play a Ryan Kesler/Patrice Bergeron/Jordan Staal kind of game. You respect him for having the trust of the coach, but you'd probably get more mileage out of him if you used him like Bozak in a more sheltered role. Realistically, the Leafs need another big two way center to throw out there for burner minutes.
Oh I agree regarding the big two way center I’m just not sold Kadri is any better than Bozak.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So what if he got elbowed in the face? Keep your feet moving and take the other guy down if you have to. Marner is just too soft and weak to compete at the moment. You breathe on him and he disappears. Lame stop up plays, drop passes, all it tells me is he's too scared and incapable of competing. The rest of the time he's flying around the perimeter getting nothing done and getting boxed out of the play in routine puck battles. If he's going to be a Patrick Kane, he needs to be a lot smarter about his physical positioning, strength, ellusiveness and willingness to compete. There's just nothing about his game that I like or is working right now.
Yup you love being wrong. Then again fanbase is impatient as uaual.
You dont like it because your the one who turns on each player.
Sorry but thats the truth.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs fans are part of the problem of why we are terrible. Turning on players especially youngsters.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
what did i just read here, man if we gave bozak kadri's assignments every night we wouldnt even be in playoffs right now

Well to be fair if Bozak doesn’t get 10 points in the last 12 games to make up for Kadri’s 1 in 17 games, we wouldn’t even be in the playoffs right now.

Kind of all interrelated.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There is no question Kadri is better then Bozak the minus king.
We need a better 3rd line C. Im not sure Bozak is NHL quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad