Half-Assed GDT: Blues Jets: Its about to get rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
At the risk of being a bully , since when is down by 2 considered being blown out?
Good point. I chose my words poorly. I meant more by FO% than anything else. We're winning 3/4 of the draws and were down by 2. Coming back at this point, if we win that would be amazing.

Reactions: Xerloris

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Hayes couldn't keep up with 2 Top 9 calibre average-skating players.
he has other skills that translate for a 3rd line center
good on faceoffs, good in the corners, holds the puck well, good passer ( sometimes to both teams)
he is turtle slow, though
ideally I would prefer a younger, faster 3c who is good on faceoffs

fudge

Nice glove save by Hofer and good kill by The Blues.

58???? I'm just about 80. Can we age backwards??? Fountain of youth? I've never even been to Florida!
my dad is about to turn 79, but he is a lot more “get of my lawn”

80 is the new 40, anyway

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
certificate-5631746_1280.jpg

The-five-dysfunctions-of-the-team-pyramid-1.jpg
I feel like this team has more than 5 dysfunctions.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
has there been almost no shots this period, or is it the Peerless single barrel taking hold?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues haven't played well in front of their own net tonight. I hope they can pick up a decent young defenceman at the deadline, maybe as part of a trade for Krug, Faulk, or Leddy, and The Blues get a draft choice too. But , it's not just their defenceme, but rather, overall team defence.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
he has other skills that translate for a 3rd line center
good on faceoffs, good in the corners, holds the puck well, good passer ( sometimes to both teams)
he is turtle slow, though
(1) ideally I would prefer a younger, faster 3c who is good on faceoffs.

fudge

my dad is about to turn 79, but he is a lot more “get of my lawn”

(2) 80 is the new 40, anyway.
(1) Dean or Bolduc?

(2) I can still run (on a soft track or even grass field) and lift weights (albeit a lot less and using more reps). But, I don't feel 40 anymore, even on my best days. I just hope for feeling like I did at 60 (when I could still play a little shinny). A hit into the boards now, would surely break a bunch of bones. I'm 6:01 and weigh about 155. No fat for padding.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It wasn't the worst game I have ever seen. Honestly. This would have been close the expected outcome if you looked at this game at the beginning of the season.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It wasn't the worst game I have ever seen. Honestly. This would have been close the expected outcome if you looked at this game at the beginning of the season.
Goaltending wasn't up to par in the 1st and cost them the game. Top players are still MIA though.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
how many Blues are going to skate the puck in front of the net, then lose it tonight?
They've been taking lessons from The School of Kyrou, Toropchenko, and Hayes (sounds like a lawfirm). Actually, Toropchenko has been getting better at protecting the puck on drives, and making moves off them, too. This team doesn't have many really good puckhandlers. Thomas an Buchnevich, and little else (Leddy and Perunovich). Kyrou has the potential, but i don't think he's put the practice time in on that that he should have to be a complete scoring forward. Dvorsky and Bolduc should help that, and Dean and the 2 Swedes, as well. The Blues need to get younger and faster and more skilled. The things expansion teams need to add. We're back to the way we felt in 1977-78, and 2005-2006, only it's not quite as bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

Dump Faulk or Buch for a 1st. Package Kyrou + one of our 1sts for Tkachuk and a late round pick.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Kyrou is not scoring. Jake neighbors makes more of a impact every game.
Kyrou made 2 really great set-up feeder passes tonight that should have led to goals. A lot of fans have accused him of being a really selfish player, and trying to do too much himself. Give the guy a break. He seems at least to be trying to work on his weaknesses. It just seems that its only in fits and starts, and not intense work on them all regularly, (continuously). The problem is that he got along on fast skating and playing against teams in lower leagues who only had a few good players, whereas in The NHL, you play against mostly top-notch players. Unfortunately, he needs to work on certain fundamentals now, while in The NHL, that he should have reached a much higher level on while in Juniors, and maybe his first 2 years in The NHL, at the latest. But, it's his career, so, he should be putting the time in.

Last edited:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012

Dump Faulk or Buch for a 1st. Package Kyrou + one of our 1sts for Tkachuk and a late round pick.

Im not a Kyrou hater but i do like the idea that if we land a prospect and a 1st from a playoff team for Buch, i would 100% package that later 1st and Kyrou for Brady. As long as it doesnt cost one of our own 1sts or current top prospects im on board with sending an add ontop of Kyrou. I dont want Kyrou off our team, but i realize you have to give to get.

Reactions: TheDizee

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
it is one of those on paper things
you look at their skillsets and think that could be a nice pairing, but nope, not in real life

Krug towers over the kid the Stars brought up

When the going’s good for them it’s good. But then 3 shifts later they lose track of a man in front of the net and the puck is in the back of the net.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Im not a Kyrou hater but i do like the idea that if we land a prospect and a 1st from a playoff team for Buch, i would 100% package that later 1st and Kyrou for Brady. As long as it doesnt cost one of our own 1sts or current top prospects im on board with sending an add ontop of Kyrou. I dont want Kyrou off our team, but i realize you have to give to get.

No way Brady is worth Kyrou + a 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad