Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Jets 2PM start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
really ? i think others have already passed him on the depth chart ... do you really want neal over kostin ,brown ? i would rather slot toro in than bring neal back .. what does neal bring ? he aint taking sunnys spot ...

Neal was one of the few positive possession + xGF players on the roster while healthy and one of 2 players below 2 xGA/60 on the roster. He's also a vet which will pretty much always default you over your AHL guys.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Neal brought some grit. I don’t think I’d keep him over risking losing Brown to waivers but it seems a little mean spirited in here to suggest the guy is completely worthless. He’s been good in his role.

Reactions: Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Honestly idk how long we stay healthy - enough for keeping Neal to be a problem. Idk if I loved him as a player or if he was noticeable when I was able to focus on a game, but he's on a league minimum deal, has experience, could potentially bounce back, and the boys like him in the locker room. I do wonder what Armstrong would do if we had to send someone down because of a roster problem, but I'm not sure it ever gets there. If it does, then I think you probably do Neal a favor and give him a chance on another team.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Neal brought some grit. I don’t think I’d keep him over risking losing Brown to waivers but it seems a little mean spirited in here to suggest the guy is completely worthless. He’s been good in his role.

I’d rather waive Walman, or send Perunovich down to the A for more minutes, than waive Brown or Neal.

Everything I’ve seen or heard is that Neal is insanely popular in the room, and plus, our forward group keeps getting wrecked by injuries/COVID. He’s still one of the best 14 forwards in this organization, and you can’t risk losing that.

When fully healthy, I’d roll this forward group

Saad-O’Reilly-Perron
Schenn-Thomas-Kyrou
Buchnevich-Barbashev-Tarasenko
Sundqvist+ any 2 of Bozak/Brown/Kostin/Neal

Joshua is waivers exempt, and Walker hasn’t been up for ten games yet. They’re the odd men out imo.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad