OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not too fussed about missing out on Stanton, but the fact that a player is refusing to waive his NTC to come to St. Louis should really make management ask serious questions about why that is.

Hopefully we can get Yelich now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yelich, and I'm also open to the idea of a Colome/Longoria trade. While Longoria isn't what he used to be, and at some point will fall off and become like a Peralta for us, we have to find more smaller upgrades now that we aren't getting a huge upgrade.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Now they'll probably have to trade Stanton for a poor return and eat a larger share of his contract, or dismantle the team around him. I'd imagine they're regretting giving him that NTC right about now.

There's still plenty of fish in the sea for the Cardinals.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
San Francisco announced they are out of the Stanton sweepstakes.

Miami is really in trouble now. They're probably going to have to take on bad short-term contracts (which is exactly what they were trying to avoid) if they want to move Stanton to one of the teams he'll waive his NTC for.

Or I guess they can keep him, dump everybody else, field a AAAA roster, and watch Stanton get walked 200 times next year.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Is there any way to remove this ugly rainbow?
DGkIif5.png

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Is there any way to remove this ugly rainbow?
DGkIif5.png
It's an unexpected byproduct of the prefix add-on that was installed for other reasons. There is no option for collapsing the box, moving it, or removing it in our admin tools. The tech guys might be able to work some CSS wizardry to make it collapsible, or at least move it to the bottom of the page (probably much easier), but I honestly don't know if they have the time or ability to do so.

The only workaround that I know of in the software is going into your profile preferences (select "preferences" from the menu drop down menu that appears when you hover over your name in the top right of the screen) and manually checking all the prefixes that you wish to ignore. The box up top will disappear if all the prefixes within it are selected, or you can pare it down to something more manageable to the eye. The downside is that you will no longer be able to sort or see the ignored thread prefixes next to topics.

Maybe there's a way to block the element or filter it out using some other browser tool or add-on, but I haven't had time to experiment with it yet.

Last edited:

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
It's an unexpected byproduct of the prefix add-on that was installed for other reasons. There is no option for collapsing the box, moving it, or removing it in our admin tools. The tech guys might be able to work some CSS wizardry to make it collapsible, or at least move it to the bottom of the page (probably much easier), but I honestly don't know if they have the time or ability to do so.

The only workaround that I know of in the software is going into your profile preferences (select "preferences" from the menu drop down menu that appears when you hover over your name in the top right of the screen) and manually checking all the prefixes that you wish to ignore. The box up top will disappear if all the prefixes within it are selected, or you can pare it down to something more manageable to the eye. The downside is that you will no longer be able to sort or see the ignored thread prefixes next to topics.

Maybe there's a way to block the element or filter it out using some other browser tool or add-on, but I haven't had time to experiment with it yet.
Oh well, uBlock it is then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I always thought the Yankees would end up with Harper after next year. I wonder where Bryce signs now?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Stanton to New York Yankees.

Member when Cardinals attracted the bigest free agents? I member....

I dont. The Cardinals have never attracted the biggest $$$ free agents, at least when acquiring from other teams, not re-signing their own guys (like Holliday). Avoiding those contracts is why we were able to offer to eat Stanton's contract.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I dont. The Cardinals have never attracted the biggest $$$ free agents, at least when acquiring from other teams, not re-signing their own guys (like Holliday). Avoiding those contracts is why we were able to offer to eat Stanton's contract.
I more meant that people wanted to play here. Like a Scott Rolen.

It was a destination place for players.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm not surprised on the return. Miami had exactly zero leverage once it came out that Stanton turned down the Giants and Cardinals. The Marlins desperately needed to get out from under his contract so Stanton held all of the cards with his NTC. He forced their hand.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Stanton has some stones, I'll give him that. The Marlins apparently tried to strong arm him into going to the Giants or Cardinals by telling him to waive for one of those two or remain a Marlin forever. I guess they forgot he has an out clause in three years? He called their bluff and they had to take a crap return. What a joke of a franchise.

Reactions: The Note

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

If he's available, he should now be the Cardinals #1 priority. Him and Britton from Orioles would be an AWESOME package. I could also see him re-signing if the Cardinals went 10 years, $350 mil. That's a lot of jack but this is one of the greatest players in MLB.

Reactions: PiggySmalls
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad