OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man...Michael Porter’s NCAA career has ended with the Missouri Tigers. One of the schools All-time greats for sure. He averaged a point per minute in his storied college-career and will assuredly have his jersey retired some day by Mizzou.

TeeOhEmm

Nov 21, 2017
San Diego
Welcome! How does one become a Blues fan living in San Diego might I ask?

I get asked that a lot, I fell in love with Brett Hull playing NHL '94, my cousin and i played that game nonstop, and from there it just blossomed. I went to first game in San Jose when I was in college. Since then I''ve been to 2 in St. Louis, 2 in Anaheim, and 1 in Arizona. They are 5-1 in those games. And i bought tickets for the game in LA in March.

Reactions: shmotz

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Man...Michael Porter’s NCAA career has ended with the Missouri Tigers. One of the schools All-time greats for sure. He averaged a point per minute in his storied college-career and will assuredly have his jersey retired some day by Mizzou.
I don't understand why the sarcasm is necessary here given that an 18 year old kid just had back surgery. I think there's a chance he comes back next year. We'll see.

Reactions: Majorityof1

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
QUOTE="Bluesnatic27, post: 138077305, member: 128569"]Oh this show is great. I love its philosophical look at what is good. I admit it looks bizarre and is slow at the beginning, but the story makes the show work.[/QUOTE]
one of the only shows I didnt mind the slow start kept me guessing the entire time is also one of the best written anime ive ever seen better written than most live action left very impressed with this anime

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Just silly little milestone trackers for things like how often you post, how long you've been a registered poster here, etc.
”Silly”?!?! I screen captured my trophy points to memorialize them in my phone background. They serve as a daily reminder of the greatness I have achieved in this life. No participation awards here!

Do I need to say blue font?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
”Silly”?!?! I screen captured my trophy points to memorialize them in my phone background. They serve as a daily reminder of the greatness I have achieved in this life. No participation awards here!

Do I need to say blue font?
Spoken like a true 121.

giphy.gif

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Someone here said they dreamt the blues made cup finals and I think I finished that dream last night and they beat the Pens in 6 games

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, I'm a huge Blues fan from San Diego.
I have a sister that lives in Ocean Beach, San Diego in a little beach house right off the ocean. I LOVE me some San Diego!! Absolutely amazing city. Was just there back in August this year, I want to move there someday.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't understand why the sarcasm is necessary here given that an 18 year old kid just had back surgery. I think there's a chance he comes back next year. We'll see.

It's mildly amusing, knowing Mizzou's recent history and being relegated to the bottom of the SEC in both basketball and football...and now, having a a glimmer of hope and relevancy, their top-recruit probably in school history played 2 minutes and is off to the pros. (more than likely) My hope is that the Tigers can play just over .500 ball until late February, and Porter can return just in time for the SEC tourney...win it, and qualify for the NCAA tourney as a 16-seed and be a nightmare match-up for some team destined to be the first one-seed ever to lose to a #16.

(still think he turns pro without playing another minute for the Tigers)

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It's mildly amusing, knowing Mizzou's recent history and being relegated to the bottom of the SEC in both basketball and football...and now, having a a glimmer of hope and relevancy, their top-recruit probably in school history played 2 minutes and is off to the pros. (more than likely) My hope is that the Tigers can play just over .500 ball until late February, and Porter can return just in time for the SEC tourney...win it, and qualify for the NCAA tourney as a 16-seed and be a nightmare match-up for some team destined to be the first one-seed ever to lose to a #16.

I know nothing of the situation other than he had back surgery or something. But I would have to think he would benefit himself by playing a year in college to up his draft stock as he will likely lose some due to the injury. Sure some team would draft him but would expect they would want him to show his career isn’t on a different trajectory before spending an early pick

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Yeah too much money at risk. You cant risk going back and getting injured again. Does make you wonder when they knew this was an issue though.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I know nothing of the situation other than he had back surgery or something. But I would have to think he would benefit himself by playing a year in college to up his draft stock as he will likely lose some due to the injury. Sure some team would draft him but would expect they would want him to show his career isn’t on a different trajectory before spending an early pick

He would be making a very irrational decision if he decided to return. He’ll be back early enough to show that he is past his injury—and even going into the draft injured hasn’t prevented guys from being top picks in the past. He had/has nothing to prove in college either, as he’s been scouted like crazy for years. Kyrie played only a few games in college before getting injured and still went first overall. This draft is stacked at the top, so Porter probably is no longer in the conversation for first overall, but it’s highly unlikely he will fall out of the top five.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not that unlikely. Bagley/Doncic/Ayton are all almost assuredly ahead of him. Sexton has looked really good and that’s just off the top of my head. I’m sure there’re more players who could hop above him.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The only thing more embarrassing than the rams are the LA "fans" who cant even fill up a stadium for a team with a 8-3 record.

lambs would go 2-14 here and would have more fans in a stadium than they do.

Patriots #1

Reactions: Vamos Rafa

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not that unlikely. Bagley/Doncic/Ayton are all almost assuredly ahead of him. Sexton has looked really good and that’s just off the top of my head. I’m sure there’re more players who could hop above him.

NBA scouts/execs said that depending on how the surgery goes, he's still guaranteed to be a top 5 pick. It's a no-brainer to leave and enter the draft.

It does look like there are some hints that his recovery could be much shorter than 3-4 months though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad