OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2023-2024

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Virtual meeting suck anyway
we need to go back to the old days when meetings were long "lunches"

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There is a Youtube video about Garry Unger's time with the Blues. The video was just Unger sitting in a chair answering questions with some film clips in the background. H e talked about that fateful day at the farm when Bob Gassoff was killed. He seemed to be still shook up about it and said his grief led to becoming a dedicated Christian.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Aaron Donald just retired. While I wish him nothing but the best, and while I realize he had nothing left to prove...it still leaves a giant hole in my heart.
He is a Ram, I wish him and anyone else who are associated with the Rams nothing but terrible karma for their whole life, excluding anyone from the St Louis Rams who disassociate themselves from that franchise

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
He is a Ram, I wish him and anyone else who are associated with the Rams nothing but terrible karma for their whole life, excluding anyone from the St Louis Rams who disassociate themselves from that franchise
...You do realize that AD was drafted by St. Louis before the Rams moved, right? Not his or the other players' faults they moved to LA (and honestly, that's the team I grew up watching, and I couldn't bring myself to cheer for anyone else or leave them; I'd be a fan if they were playing in Antarctica or Venus), and he's the greatest defensive player of his era.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
...You do realize that AD was drafted by St. Louis before the Rams moved, right? Not his or the other players' faults they moved to LA (and honestly, that's the team I grew up watching, and I couldn't bring myself to cheer for anyone else or leave them; I'd be a fan if they were playing in Antarctica or Venus), and he's the greatest defensive player of his era.
I had season tickets for every single year, so yes I know when he was drafted
and I do blame the players, they could choose not to play for the absolute scum that is the Rams organization, if they denounce the Rams I will extend my forgiveness, otherwise... bad karma for all
I dream of an asteroid crashing into the giant bedpan that is Levi south
my best friend still follows that scum and he calls me a hater, my reply is always "yes, yes I am"

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I had season tickets for every single year, so yes I know when he was drafted
and I do blame the players, they could choose not to play for the absolute scum that is the Rams organization, if they denounce the Rams I will extend my forgiveness, otherwise... bad karma for all
I dream of an asteroid crashing into the giant bedpan that is Levi south
my best friend still follows that scum and he calls me a hater, my reply is always "yes, yes I am"
Players should forfeit their careers bc team owner moved team? Do you realize how insanely stupid that sounds?

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Players should forfeit their careers bc team owner moved team? Do you realize how insanely stupid that sounds?
forcing trades is a thing, Elway did it, Bo did it (well , he sat out a year and went back in the draft)
plus it is the Rams and Kroenke
f*** them times 8.6875 billion
and I did state that I am willing to offer players forgiveness for the bad karma I wish upon them if they renounce that scum of an organization

I burned every last bit of my Rams stuff, including my ticket stub from the Super Bowl win (I think my daughters may have liberated some Warner and Bruce items)

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
on a different note, Bo Jackson had a hip replacement (1992 technology) and played 160 games in the MLB after that over two seasons and still managed 29 homeruns and 88 RBI

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
forcing trades is a thing, Elway did it, Bo did it (well , he sat out a year and went back in the draft)
plus it is the Rams and Kroenke
f*** them times 8.6875 billion
and I did state that I am willing to offer players forgiveness for the bad karma I wish upon them if they renounce that scum of an organization

I burned every last bit of my Rams stuff, including my ticket stub from the Super Bowl win (I think my daughters may have liberated some Warner and Bruce items)

That's a massive shame. I would've paid for that ticket stub, framed it. Honestly would've paid for all of your Rams stuff.

No formerly-prized possession is worth burning or throwing away, ever, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Someone threw away a piece of a blue racquetball, which I had in my possession because it was at a high school, frozen in liquid nitrogen, thrown against the wall and I got the biggest piece. It was one of the very few good memories I had from middle and high school, and it meant the world to me, and I hated that someone threw it away. And coming from someone who lost everything in a fire, burning valued stuff on purpose irks me.

I'm sorry you have such hatred in your heart that you would burn something that others value beyond measure.

Reactions: Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
That's a massive shame. I would've paid for that ticket stub, framed it. Honestly would've paid for all of your Rams stuff.

No formerly-prized possession is worth burning or throwing away, ever, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Someone threw away a piece of a blue racquetball, which I had in my possession because it was at a high school, frozen in liquid nitrogen, thrown against the wall and I got the biggest piece. It was one of the very few good memories I had from middle and high school, and it meant the world to me.

I'm sorry you have such hatred in your heart that you would burn something that others value beyond measure.
watching my daughters cry after the Rams announced their move removed all the value of those items to me

its not really hatred, it is more of a burning dislike

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
watching my daughters cry after the Rams announced their move removed all the value of those items to me

its not really hatred, it is more of a burning dislike
Ok,

I liked the Cardinals and they moved to AZ.

I liked the Rams and they moved to LA.

Screw me once shame on you.
Screw me twice shame on me.
There won't be a 3rd, I quit watching the NFL.

Reactions: Spear

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I will admit I rooted for Aaron Donald to win the Super Bowl, because he deserves it as the best defensive player of his generation. It's just very sad that it didn't happen as part of the St. Louis franchise.

I'm not rooting for Kroenke teams to win much else, but I can't punish deserving players because they happened to end up being associated with him.

Letting Kroenke ruin things like enjoying a player as talented as Donald is just another way to let him win.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
T-minus 3 weeks until I return to the STL. Anything new or exciting to hit in The Loop or CWE? More like restaurants and bars. I'm too bleepin' old for clubbing.

Staying in Clayton and will use Uber/Lyft to get around.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm sure we have a "more appropriate" place to discuss the NCAA Regional going on out in West County, but ... there are quite a few fans at the Michigan / Michigan State game dressed as empty seats.

Guessing UND folks didn't sell their seats? Which, that seems weird to me. I'm wondering if that many seats landed in the hands of scalpers and resellers and then went unsold.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I remember in the military whoever the Cardinals top rival was, I'd April Fool's a friend.

So one year it was the Cubs.

I told my buddy that Carlos Zambrano lost his thumb in a sailing accident.

Lol.

He was upset and asked what hand lol

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Limey (1999), which has so much stylistic homage to Point Blank (1967, pictured in avatar) and is a clear Get Carter (1971) progeny, does not get enough credit. Peter Fonda's character is CLEARLY meant to be Phil Spector, and three years AFTER this movie came out, Phil Spector actually killed a young girl in his Hollywood hills home after an argument. Perhaps this is so spectacular it takes years to even wrap our minds around this.

At any rate, disappointment suffuses this (brisk 88 minute) movie, from the moment Juan Guzman's character hears Wilson mispronounce his name, all the way to the end. It adds one of the most profound takes on revenge in neo noir. Unlike the oblivious-by-design protagonist in Memento, here in The Limey we understand that at the bottom of revenge lies disappointment, and at the bottom of disappointment is disappointment in oneself. Soderbergh's little brilliant neo noir is the very best doom noir of the 1990s. I have it above A Simple Plan (1998) which is second.

• Love
Reactions: Drubilly

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
The Limey (1999), which has so much stylistic homage to Point Blank (1967, pictured in avatar) and is a clear Get Carter (1971) progeny, does not get enough credit. Peter Fonda's character is CLEARLY meant to be Phil Spector, and three years AFTER this movie came out, Phil Spector actually killed a young girl in his Hollywood hills home after an argument. Perhaps this is so spectacular it takes years to even wrap our minds around this.

At any rate, disappointment suffuses this (brisk 88 minute) movie, from the moment Juan Guzman's character hears Wilson mispronounce his name, all the way to the end. It adds one of the most profound takes on revenge in neo noir. Unlike the oblivious-by-design protagonist in Memento, here in The Limey we understand that at the bottom of revenge lies disappointment, and at the bottom of disappointment is disappointment in oneself. Soderbergh's little brilliant neo noir is the very best doom noir of the 1990s. I have it above A Simple Plan (1998) which is second.
Love this film! It’s been years since I’ve watched it but Nicky Katt’s pool hall dialogue still cracks me up. Dobb’s commentary on the dvd is great too.

“My name is Wiiiiilson!”

Reactions: PocketNines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad