Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Flames 8PM CST on BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It's obvious that some people on this forum have spent their entire lives in their basement and have never played a team sport in their lives...:huh:

Did you think I was serious? I've played amateur hockey for over thirty years, thank you very much.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Somebody said this was the wrong game to start Binnington because the difficulty level is too high (trap game) and that Berube should stick with Husso until the break. Was the try worth ruining Binnington's confidence when not starting him would have given him time to work on his basics in practice? I don't think so. It was always gonna end like this.
what would overworking husso accomplish? killing his hot streak by not keeping him fresh. Theres a reason backups often have better stats than their starters and why allen did better when he wasnt a starter. Less of a workload keeps goalies playing better.

and even if husso was sharp its not like it would have made a difference. We might have lost 4-1 or 5-1 or if husso was really standing on his head 3-1 but risk tiring him with facing 40 shots a night back to back nights. itd accomplish nothing. and having 1 rough game now isnt going to have any impact on binnys future ability to turn it around

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Hey Blues fans, Coyote fan just popping in to share in last nights debacle vs the Flames. Here's hoping it serves a purpose, and more than just evening the score on Thursday, but another sustainable push to maintain home ice in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Somebody said this was the wrong game to start Binnington because the difficulty level is too high (trap game) and that Berube should stick with Husso until the break. Was the try worth ruining Binnington's confidence when not starting him would have given him time to work on his basics in practice? I don't think so. It was always gonna end like this.
This was the 2nd night of a road B2B. Unless you don't have a healthy pro-level goalie available, you should never start the same goalie in both night's of a non-playoff/elimination B2B. It's a toss up even in the playoffs depending on who your backup is. You absolutely have to start Binner in either Calgary or Vancouver. We got dominated by both and Vancouver has looked very good under a new coach. Even with hindsight, I can't say with any confidence that one of those teams would have been a better one for Binner.

I don't think that we would have won last night with Husso in net. Even at his absolute A game, he isn't pitching a shutout. He was insanely good against Vancouver, allowing just 1 goal on 4.32 xGA. We somehow allowed .65 more expected goals against Calgary than we did against Vancouver (which was our 2nd highest xGA night of the year going in to the night). Swapping goalies probably doesn't get us any more points and very well could have resulted in fewer points on the weekend. Playing Husso both nights probably doesn't get us any more points and is way too much strain on his body.

I'm 100% good with Berube's decision on the goalie starts.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I like how my Flames friend wants to talk about "Three games in four days is just an excuse" we got 4 points in 6 games and we're second in the conference. I highly doubt we're going to lose sleep over losing one game. They started to ignore my texts tho.

I wonder what their excuse for losing all three of their three in four was a few weeks ago was....

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I like how my Flames friend wants to talk about "Three games in four days is just an excuse" we got 4 points in 6 games and we're second in the conference. I highly doubt we're going to lose sleep over losing one game. They started to ignore my texts tho.

I wonder what their excuse for losing all three of their three in four was a few weeks ago was....
when blues blow em out thursday, he will be using that excuse lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad