Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Flames 8PM CST on BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
it's not like berube to bench someone an entire period. but miko was special kind of terrible tonight. not that he is normally great but damn. maybe he had injury or illness that caused him to be so ineffective, but he was even worse than dunn was the other night.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
This reminded me of that blowout game against the devils a few years ago. There was an ice storm or something so St Louis got the doors blown off them 7-1 in an empty building on the road

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
it's not like berube to bench someone an entire period. but miko was special kind of terrible tonight. not that he is normally great but damn. maybe he had injury or illness that caused him to be so ineffective, but he was even worse than dunn was the other night.
berube said miko isn't hurt. he had tough night so he sat him for 3rd.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
It really is remarkable to have 2 goalies above .940 on the season and neither of them are our starter lol. We even made Gillies look like a competent goalie (no offense to him). And yet for whatever reason, we just aren’t clicking with Binner anymore. Same thing happened during the Cup run season: for some reason, we just play better in front of people not named Binnington. Really wish we hadn’t given him that fatty contract

Reactions: TruBlu

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Somebody said this was the wrong game to start Binnington because the difficulty level is too high (trap game) and that Berube should stick with Husso until the break. Was the try worth ruining Binnington's confidence when not starting him would have given him time to work on his basics in practice? I don't think so. It was always gonna end like this.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Somebody said this was the wrong game to start Binnington because the difficulty level is too high (trap game) and that Berube should stick with Husso until the break. Was the try worth ruining Binnington's confidence when not starting him would have given him time to work on his basics in practice? I don't think so. It was always gonna end like this.
End? End what? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Binnington should beat the breaks off Bortuzzo first

If there isn't a team brawl during the next practice, then clearly this team has no heart.

Nah, I still disagree with you. What about Husso's confidence? What good would it have done to throw him out there tonight? As I said before the game, if the Blues played as uninspired as they did against Vancouver then it didn't matter who was in goal.

Oh well, I'm not gonna be that concerned unless they come out looking like this on Thursday. Maybe they were just bummed about having to go to Canada as Faulk said before the trip. Said they wanted to just get it over with and come home and that's pretty much how the team played. Kind of amazing that Faulk managed an even +/- while playing over 23 mins. Wondering if Mikkola spent the night in a Calgary hospital with 3rd degree burns...

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Clearly, this is now Husso's team.

Next year will have to be sorted out in the off-season.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
chief sums it up!

berube-calgary.gif

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
If there isn't a team brawl during the next practice, then clearly this team has no heart.

Nah, I still disagree with you. What about Husso's confidence? What good would it have done to throw him out there tonight? As I said before the game, if the Blues played as uninspired as they did against Vancouver then it didn't matter who was in goal.

Oh well, I'm not gonna be that concerned unless they come out looking like this on Thursday. Maybe they were just bummed about having to go to Canada as Faulk said before the trip. Said they wanted to just get it over with and come home and that's pretty much how the team played. Kind of amazing that Faulk managed an even +/- while playing over 23 mins. Wondering if Mikkola spent the night in a Calgary hospital with 3rd degree burns...

It's obvious that some people on this forum have spent their entire lives in their basement and have never played a team sport in their lives...:huh:

Reactions: blueswede22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad