Proposal: Blues badly need a number 1 LHD.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Just looking at a list of upcoming UFAs, some names over the course of the season could be:
Giordano
Rielly
Lindholm
Ekholm

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Just looking at a list of upcoming UFAs, some names over the course of the season could be:
Giordano
Rielly
Lindholm
Ekholm
On that list, I'd like Lindholm.

Also, if we are talking about adding someone today, Anaheim is the only team that has acknowledged that they are rebuilding, and so they might make a future-focused move today, rather than cling to hope that they might be a playoff team.

I haven't watched Lindholm lately, but a few years ago he was an amazing top pairing guy. A bit boring, but ate tons of minutes and always seemed to do the right thing with the puck.

Reactions: GreeningOil

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

Also, if we are talking about adding someone today, Anaheim is the only team that has acknowledged that they are rebuilding, and so they might make a future-focused move today, rather than cling to hope that they might be a playoff team.

I haven't watched Lindholm lately, but a few years ago he was an amazing top pairing guy. A bit boring, but ate tons of minutes and always seemed to do the right thing with the puck.
From what I've gathered Ducks fans would be reluctant to trade him....just because you do still need leaders and good players even during a rebuild. He has looked good in pre-season I think too.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Still accurate. We are miserable without him on the ice.

As for if he's available...as mentioned earlier, our preference is to sign him, but at this point few of our "veterans" are untouchable.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
We can trade a 1 year contract of Ben Chiarot (most def not a top 1 or 2 LHD but can slot there from time to time). He's a good top 4 d-man who will hit anyone coming close and he's responsible in his own zone.

Not what you're looking for, but he can patch a hole. And if it doesn't work out with him, he's gone at the end of the season.

Selling him dirt cheap, because we will have to fit Romanov and possibly Guhle. 2nd or even a 3rd pick would be enough. We don't want salary back tho.

Last edited:

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Romanov for Thomas is a fair trade imo.

Suzuki/Dvorak/Thomas would be ideal and imagine Romanov with his physicality with the Blues.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Vlasic is paid like a 1LD. We will trade him for that uncommitted winger you got that is paid the same or future considerations. Either I’d be okay with.

Reactions: Mr Positive

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Romanov for Thomas is a fair trade imo.

Suzuki/Dvorak/Thomas would be ideal and imagine Romanov with his physicality with the Blues.

No thanks.

Not the type of D that we need. There is no way soneone like Tomanov would be able to replace Bouwmeester

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
From what I've gathered Ducks fans would be reluctant to trade him....just because you do still need leaders and good players even during a rebuild. He has looked good in pre-season I think too.

That and he is still the best skater on the Ducks.
The only reservation I have heard from any Ducks fans is his injury history. When he is on the ice he is the best skater by far.

The Ducks should only trade him if there is no chance to resign him.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I am confused you have Krug..................
Barring a huge step forward for Krug this year (mainly in terms of defensive play), he is a 2nd pairing defenseman. We need a shutdown guy that can play with Parayko so that Krug gets bumped down to the 2nd pairing where he belongs and so Scandella isn't in the top 4 anymore. He doesn't need to necessarily be a #1 defenseman, just someone who is serviceable on the top pairing and is sound defensively. Basically we need Bouwmeester or Edmundson back.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Barring a huge step forward for Krug this year (mainly in terms of defensive play), he is a 2nd pairing defenseman. We need a shutdown guy that can play with Parayko so that Krug gets bumped down to the 2nd pairing where he belongs and so Scandella isn't in the top 4 anymore. He doesn't need to necessarily be a #1 defenseman, just someone who is serviceable on the top pairing and is sound defensively. Basically we need Bouwmeester or Edmundson back.

Eddy would not be the answer. Solid dude in a conservative defensive system, but Blues fans who want him back would also skewer him for the mistakes he made in the playoffs. He's just a weird grass-is-greener and reaction to Faulk's contract, but still isn't the player the Blues should accept for Parayko's partner. If he's your choice, it might as well be Scandella.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Lindholm would be the ideal guy, barring he doesn’t sign an extension with the Ducks.

I could also definitely see Army going after Gio if Seattle doesn’t have success this year.

Nashville wouldn’t trade us Ekholm, and I can’t see Rielly (I do like him as a player, not hating on him) being that piece.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
No thanks.

Not the type of D that we need. There is no way soneone like Tomanov would be able to replace Bouwmeester
I’m not saying anything that I think romanov would be good for stl, but I’m pretty sure romanov’ nhl comparison in the way he plays is jay bouwmeester I’m actually pretty sure that there was an article written about it, which I’m unable to find right now to post but I will keep looking

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Let’s clear this up:

Blues could really use a strong, physical, shutdown 1LD or a top 4 that can slot in at 1LD with those traits as their upside. Anything else really won’t work.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’m not saying anything that I think romanov would be good for stl, but I’m pretty sure romanov’ nhl comparison in the way he plays is jay bouwmeester I’m actually pretty sure that there was an article written about it, which I’m unable to find right now to post but I will keep looking

While he’d definitely be good, he’s not quite what we need.

What we need is someone in a similar range of JayBo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad