Half-Assed GDT: Blues at the President's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Allen isn't taking this laying down. Elliott is going to have to answer.

I really don't care who starts in the playoffs. I think both guys should play. Alternate starts for all I care.

This team has believed it could win the division all year. It's been evident from quotes in interviews and how guys have carried themselves. Can they eke one point more than Dallas the rest of the way? I wouldn't bet against them.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Edmundson hasn't even completely filled out his frame yet. Just imagine when he hits the weights hard this offseason and comes in next year with 20-30 more lbs of muscle....

tumblr_mtpmwvpZYu1stqdjro1_400.gif

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It was perfect example how to bait forechecker to behind to net and gain possession and drive to open space 4on3 situation. Great play by Parayko.

And Lehterä pass to Tarasenko wow.

GIF-Shake-It-Off.gif

Someone needs to shoop Fabbri, Parayko, & Ed's faces onto those dancers :biglaugh:

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Lindbohm may not excell at much but him and Edmundson just add some nastiness to the defense, along with Bortuzzo.

I'm probably in the minority but I would be fine going into next year with

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson Parayko
Lindbohm Bortuzzo

would be fine with this as well ...as panger says beef on the bun ..

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
There won't be an expansion draft between the end of this season and before 2016-17. The earliest that could possibly happen is just before the 2017-18 season. But, yes, I'd also expose Bouwmeester in any expansion draft. That may be the only way to get rid of him, and keep Shattenkirk.

I may get flamed for saying this but I would protect Ed over Bo if the expansion draft was this summer. I like Ed a lot and wouldn't want to lose him.....I think his floor after developing is a very good second pairing D-Man and he may well be a solid top pairing guy. Plus, he simply brings a net front presence that Bo doesn't...I'm not at all surpised that he a Petro seem to compliment each other. I think we'd be OK without Bo and opening up that cap space would be nice.

I am assuming obviously that we are trading Shatty.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
beat the **** out of the crapitals. dont let the coyotes get to us now. they have been playing good hockey as of late.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Edmundson hasn't even completely filled out his frame yet. Just imagine when he hits the weights hard this offseason and comes in next year with 20-30 more lbs of muscle....

He adds 20-30 lbs of muscle this offseason and he's going to start next season suspended for the first 20 games for failing a PED test. :laugh:

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014

Inform me how to gain 20-30 lbs of muscle over the summer or even 5 months.. or even a year or two

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I mentioned this before but it's possible the Blues expose Boumeester to the expansion draft. Lindbohm may not excell at much but him and Edmundson just add some nastiness to the defense, along with Bortuzzo.

I'm probably in the minority but I would be fine going into next year with

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson Parayko
Lindbohm Bortuzzo

That's a massive group of d-men.

I'm assuming you traded Shatty, but I think keeping Bouwmeester is a good idea for more offense. He and Bortz would make a good pairing.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I may get flamed for saying this but I would protect Ed over Bo if the expansion draft was this summer. I like Ed a lot and wouldn't want to lose him.....I think his floor after developing is a very good second pairing D-Man and he may well be a solid top pairing guy. Plus, he simply brings a net front presence that Bo doesn't...I'm not at all surpised that he a Petro seem to compliment each other. I think we'd be OK without Bo and opening up that cap space would be nice.

I am assuming obviously that we are trading Shatty.

So would I. But it won't happen. Good thing Bouwmeester doesn't have av NMC. Otherwise we'd be forced to protect him in an expansion draft.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
By the time an expansion draft actually gets here, protecting Edmundson over Bouwmeester may not seem so outlandish. That's likely still another year or two away.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I thought the D as a whole played an excellent game last night. Hell, if the entire team plays like this into the playoffs, we are going to be a very dangerous team.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
He adds 20-30 lbs of muscle this offseason and he's going to start next season suspended for the first 20 games for failing a PED test. :laugh:

Inform me how to gain 20-30 lbs of muscle over the summer or even 5 months.. or even a year or two

:laugh: It's probably more logical to assume he won't fill out his frame for another two years but yeah it would be hard to do that in several months.... I do have a friend who was pretty skinny two years ago and was able to add about 20-25 lbs of muscle in 15 months

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Seen on the Caps GDT--there's usually something similar in every opposing team's GDT during our games:

Originally Posted by Hivemind View Post
"Can we spend the rest of this thread talking about how good Colton Parayko is?"

"Sure, but it would make for a short conversation. Parayko is a stud, there is not much else to say."

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
But........ your previous 100 message about Lindbohm have been bashing him down. So its bit hard to believe what you say

It's not bashing, its truthfully reporting what we saw. You were actively calling out posters who watched Lindbohm in the AHL this year, while not watching a second of his ice time. Me personally....anything outside of an actual observation was tongue in cheek.

Lindbohm was passed up last year by Edmundson in the AHL and that carried to this year. During Lindbohm's first call up, he struggled. Last night, he looked alright. He just needs to simplify his game and not go chasing the hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad