Half-Assed GDT: blues at flames: easy canada trip start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The most classic example of a let down game I've ever seen. People starting to get positive again after a streak and the Blues have to go and do that. :laugh:

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
eh. we we're due for a loss. i'm happy that the kings exposed crawford for the lucky piece of swiss cheese that he is

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I know Nilsson has more NHL experience than Copley or Binnington but man is he any better skill wise than either one of those guys? He looked big and slow out there, although to be fair to Nilsson the Blues were super sloppy tonight and let Calgary have way too many odd man breaks.

I wonder if they give Jake a night off and let Nilsson play his former team Wednesday.:popcorn:

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
So for Fabbri's first half of the season he got 12 points in 32 games which is on pace for 30 over a full season and in the second half he's had 21 in 33 which is on pace for 52 over a full season.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
So for Fabbri's first half of the season he got 12 points in 32 games which is on pace for 30 over a full season and in the second half he's had 21 in 33 which is on pace for 52 over a full season.
Niiiice.:yo: Didn't realize it was that drastic of a difference from the two half's of the season. I hope he can continue to improve next year after a full off season of hitting the weights and bulking up. Also hope he can make a smooth transition to playing center at some point.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Fabbri's the real deal. We're lucky to have him. :yo:

I'm just praying he can transition to center without missing a beat. That Schwartz-Fabbri-Tarasenko line seems more and more like it would be absolutely amazing in a few years every passing game.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Didn't catch the game last night but saw the score this morning. What the ****? Seven goals???

tumblr_mla4gyufBx1qaq2lno1_500.gif

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Came one post away from the three goal 3rd period comeback, with a pretty lackluster performance.

Not going to try and draw any conclusions about Nilsson from that game. When is the last time he even played?

I think losing that game means they'll be solid against Edmonton and Vancouver, at least. Chicago is stumbling a little, and it would be very surprising for Dallas to win as many games as the Blues down the stretch. There is a very real chance to win the division/conference. Could be playing Colorado or Minnesota instead of Chicago. I would really like to see a rematch vs Minnesota.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That 5th goal. Gunnar you are worth of every penny. Jesus Gunnar will get exposed so easily when post-season comes compare to speedy teams. We'll gonna miss mommy. And now we have to watch that slow guy 3 more years. I have feeling Gunnar will be get limited minutes on playoffs, he's too slow on feet.

fn4V0wO.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That 5th goal. Gunnar you are worth of every penny. Jesus Gunnar will get exposed so easily when post-season comes compare to speedy teams. We'll gonna miss mommy. And now we have to watch that slow guy 3 more years. I have feeling Gunnar will be get limited minutes on playoffs, he's too slow on feet.

fn4V0wO.gif
Yea...I'd more focus on our "top" line that collectively was beyond pathetic

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Giving up two short handed goals was the epitome of the entire game. Both were bad decisions and slow responses. I told my wife before the game that this felt like they were going to give up 6 goals tonight on a trap game. Looks like I was incorrect.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I always hate it when we get to the end of the season like this. Teams that are out of contention always play more loose and take more risky chances to score goals. They are not in a position to lose anything. Our defenders were playing in to help with the scoring and the flames took advantage of it.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Giving up two short handed goals was the epitome of the entire game. Both were bad decisions and slow responses. I told my wife before the game that this felt like they were going to give up 6 goals tonight on a trap game. Looks like I was incorrect.

Yep...if instead of allowing two short-handed goals, the Blues scored on those power-plays, it's a 7-4 game the other way. Heck, even if you don't score on the power-play but keep the puck out of your own net, they're alive to see overtime. Weird game regardless. I still blame ManyIdeas for the loss.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Yep...if instead of allowing two short-handed goals, the Blues scored on those power-plays, it's a 7-4 game the other way. Heck, even if you don't score on the power-play but keep the puck out of your own net, they're alive to see overtime. Weird game regardless. I still blame ManyIdeas for the loss.

Understandable.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Do you need help getting on the cross ManyIdeas? You angered the hockey gods with your hubris. A sacrifice is in order.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and blame the pp that gave up 2 shg

You could wonder in first place why would you put Tarasenko his off-side and Schwartz his off-side and mix up working PP with Hitch+Muller nonsense? So there is reason for 2 SHG. Schwartz playing spot where he isn't normally playing, I bet that affects also Shattery's plays. Result catastrophic.

Okey, Hitch and Muller; you guys have confirm now last games Schwartz and Tarasenko off-side doesn't work, boys are now shock mode give them back their own spots, Hitch Please.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tarasenko is effective on the left side also, just not at the point. He's ok when cycling there but not much of a "point guy". Tarasenko usually floats between the 2 circles looking for that signature top of the circle laser beam. Schwartz looks his best in tight on the net...ala Parise

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Damn Hitch I miss your post-game bs, too bad he hasn't give those interviews anymore compare to last season. Oh wait we hear it here @2 Minute Minor is your homeboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad