Half-Assed GDT: blues at flames: easy canada trip start

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
"easy Canada trip"?

uh-oh. I see 1 point of 4 coming.

LOL, thats what I was thinking. Calgary is one team that the Blues don't really play down to but they have been known to do so against Edmonton. That said I do hope Nilsson plays tonight. I wont be able to watch it but Allen needs a break. Keeps his legs fresh for April.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It would be so Blues to beat Dallas, Anaheim, and Chicago and then lose to Calgary and Edmonton :laugh:

Need 2 points tonight.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I was supposed to be in Alberta this week visiting my brother. Had great tickets and I broke my foot playing hockey on Thursday..

I would have probably jinxed us anyway.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
LOL, thats what I was thinking. Calgary is one team that the Blues don't really play down to but they have been known to do so against Edmonton. That said I do hope Nilsson plays tonight. I wont be able to watch it but Allen needs a break. Keeps his legs fresh for April.
Really? When is the last time the Oilers beat the Blues? They never do.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Don't we play Vancouver on this trip too? That's always a guaranteed loss where we outshoot them more than 2-1

We do. And I will be in attendance. I'm hoping for a blowout so my ridiculous sign doesn't make me look stupid.

PS: keep an eye out for an HF themed sign and you may see me.

Last edited:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This will be a tough game, we're going up against the best defense in the league.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have to admit, I thought Johnny Hockey was a bit of a media creation, but when I watch him play I'm impressed every time.
Same here. I thought he'd be good, but he's far exceeded what I expected of him.
I'm only quoting you here so you can remember when I kick you in the shins for cheering for a blowout m8

My shins are made of steel.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
It's the flames, so Parayko will get a hat trick.

tumblr_ml4cn277bY1rg0lgoo3_500.gif

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Really? When is the last time the Oilers beat the Blues? They never do.

I didn't say Oilers would win, but this season and last the Blues have not played as well as they should have in EDM (again, playing down to the opponent). Especially with how often late leads are being blown. EDM has the speed and offensive talent to spark a comeback.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I didn't say Oilers would win, but this season and last the Blues have not played as well as they should have in EDM (again, playing down to the opponent). Especially with how often late leads are being blown. EDM has the speed and offensive talent to spark a comeback.
I guess but the Blues have killed the Oilers in head to head matchups for so long now that I truly believe they play with 50% effort against them these days. I've seen the Blues dominate them without it even look like they're trying that hard.

Perhaps that'll have to change soon but we've also been saying that for a while now so I'm not too concerned.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Yeah, I'm a fan of Gaudreau. Hate the nickname, but I can't do anything about that.

So smooth at all times. That being said I don't think he's looked super effective against the Blues, so maybe that will keep up.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Look I'm not gonna pretend like I watch a lot of flames games so I'll say the one guy who I *don't* see the hype for just yet is TJ Brodie. He's good but people talk about him on here like he's a top 10 defenseman in the NHL (which reminds me, remember when Giordano was apparently the best defenseman on the league lol?) maybe he has just had an off game every time against the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad