Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That’s not entirely accurate though. He was voted as having the best shot and being the best stickhandler in the eastern conference, not all of the OHL.

Nice little promo piece though. We’ll see how he stacks up in camp.
Thanks for the correction, still impressive to get recognition from other coaches.

I'm not expecting him to make the team, but I don't think the Blues hold him back if he impresses. Could see him starting on the wing like Thomas did.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Thanks for the correction, still impressive to get recognition from other coaches.

I'm not expecting him to make the team, but I don't think the Blues hold him back if he impresses. Could see him starting on the wing like Thomas did.
You just copied what JR wrote, right? He’s the one that made a slight mistake there. Doesn’t really change the crux of things though - he has a plus shot and is a plus stickhandler.

I’m sure they’ll give him a good opportunity in camp. My gut says he’s not going to be quite ready but we’ll see!

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
You just copied what JR wrote, right? He’s the one that made a slight mistake there. Doesn’t really change the crux of things though - he has a plus shot and is a plus stickhandler.

I’m sure they’ll give him a good opportunity in camp. My gut says he’s not going to be quite ready but we’ll see!
I always felt Dvorsky's stickhandling to be the area that is talked about the least and it baffles me. I like his shot fine but his way to handle the puck in tight is so professional. It's honestly what made me a believer in a Kopitar-like potential for him.

Still, I agree that he won't make it next year. I can see a future with him getting some early games like Neighbours did in his career. But that's about all I see.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yeah, just appreciate you knowing the actual details there.

I always felt Dvorsky's stickhandling to be the area that is talked about the least and it baffles me. I like his shot fine but his way to handle the puck in tight is so professional. It's honestly what made me a believer in a Kopitar-like potential for him.

Still, I agree that he won't make it next year. I can see a future with him getting some early games like Neighbours did in his career. But that's about all I see.
Yeah, the stickhandling and puck protection, while not sexy traits, are a couple things that I think our current squad lack as a whole. We'll certainly benefit from his shot, but once he's ready, I think he'll really help our possession stats and offensive zone time.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
if Pekarcik had been a few days older whereabouts would he be going in this draft?
I’d say 2nd round. He had a good season (and it’s not over yet as Dubuque is currently up 1-0 in the USHL Eastern Conf Final) but the USHL isn’t viewed super highly and not a lot of players with legit NHL potential play in the USHL during their 18 year old season. I d think his good season would be discounted a bit because of that and he wouldn’t get selected in the 1st round as there’d still be questions about his upside and how he’d match up against tougher competition.

Reactions: PocketNines

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I’d say 2nd round. He had a good season (and it’s not over yet as Dubuque is currently up 1-0 in the USHL Eastern Conf Final) but the USHL isn’t viewed super highly and not a lot of players with legit NHL potential play in the USHL during their 18 year old season. I d think his good season would be discounted a bit because of that and he wouldn’t get selected in the 1st round as there’d still be questions about his upside and how he’d match up against tougher competition.
Agreed, I also think his goal total brings up some question marks on his shot.

That said, I think if a team with a late 1st and no 2nd was enamored enough by him, they’d use that 1st on him if they couldn’t find someone to trade back with.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

He has something to prove after he couldn’t help his SEL team this season when playing against men. It’s encouraging that he salvaged a very impressive junior season, but some of the questions from October are still there to be answered before anyone should expect him to make the regular NHL roster.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
He has something to prove after he couldn’t help his SEL team this season when playing against men. It’s encouraging that he salvaged a very impressive junior season, but some of the questions from October are still there to be answered before anyone should expect him to make the regular NHL roster.
His SEL team was a disaster. Taking anything from his time there is a disservice to Dvorsky. The were relegated and were last in the league by a wide margin.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Oskarshamn is a steaming pile of dogshit with or without Dvorsky, have a look at where they finished in the standings. Dvorsky didn't let Oskarshamn down in any way, he screwed up leaving Allsvenskan and AIK where they knew him for an awful SHL team headed towards relegation. Bad decision just days before the draft by Dvorsky and whoever was advising him. But let's be very clear here, Dvorsky's situation with Oskarshamn was only his fault to the extent that he signed with them in the first place. Anything that happened after that is on them and their shitty team that wasn't anything close to a good development situation for younger players. f*** Oskarshamn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad