OT: Blue Jays/MLB Thread 2023

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Looks like Rays have AL East all secured up 12 games in.

Seriously though, what a start.
I remember the Yankees having a torrid start last year that lasted until June and by the end of September, it was getting a little tense for them. Rays are good, but not running away with the division good. They'll come down to earth and it will be a battle for the division.

Reactions: HockeyGuy1964

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Astros look like they’re going the NBA route with their SpaceCity jerseys.

Woof.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The Jays have get better in driving home runs, currently among MLB low in driving home runs in scoring position.

Like a lot of what they are doing at a strategic level with this ball club. Hiring Mattingly brought in another excellent baseball mind to support the manager and a great resource for the players to tap into. Absolutely love their hiring of James Click and open ended role being given to enhance the R & D function, a bit of a futurist role, and another big brain around prospective organization decisions. Good piece on it here: Blue Jays hire former Astros GM James Click as VP of baseball strategy

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think the rules so far have worked pretty well. The timer for the pitchers and hitters has taken roughly 1/2 hour off the typical game, and slowly the guys are getting used to it. And about time they standardized the DH rule, one way or the other, but I do like this way, as fans like to see offence, not a near automatic out every time. And the removal of the infield shift has worked as well, promoting some real athleticism. Not the end of the world though for those who didn't like it, as they can still shift outfielders.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I think the rules so far have worked pretty well. The timer for the pitchers and hitters has taken roughly 1/2 hour off the typical game, and slowly the guys are getting used to it. And about time they standardized the DH rule, one way or the other, but I do like this way, as fans like to see offence, not a near automatic out every time. And the removal of the infield shift has worked as well, promoting some real athleticism. Not the end of the world though for those who didn't like it, as they can still shift outfielders.
What am I missing?
I thought the DH rule has been standardized as both leagues use it now.
Is it just on a trial basis or something?

Edit: I misread your post but agree the DH is way better than watching a pitcher try to hit.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Go Yankees!!
Never seen you post before, but you seem kind of lovable with that comment. Welcome to the world of frustration and misery the last number of years as another Yankee fan, but I'm sure you already know that.:D

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
What am I missing?
I thought the DH rule has been standardized as both leagues use it now.
Is it just on a trial basis or something?

Edit: I misread your post but agree the DH is way better than watching a pitcher try to hit.
There were some chuckers who were decent at the dish. I grew up as a pitcher and I loved getting to hit.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

sportiac

Sep 12, 2022
Canada
Never seen you post before, but you seem kind of lovable with that comment. Welcome to the world of frustration and misery the last number of years as another Yankee fan, but I'm sure you already know that.:D

Thank you for the welcome! I don't usually post... I usually just read.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
7 quality starts in a row for the Jays pitching staff.

As long as the Bassitt's injury isn't serious, I think we're looking good.

Reactions: Barrsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad