Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays fire manager Montoyo, Schneider takes over

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I'm really, really impressed with how far the O's have come in a short span.

Adley being called up was supposed to be a glimpse of what was to come, not actually jumpstart a playoff run lol.

Likable bunch of guys too between Mullins and Mancini.

Disclaimer: my man crush on Cedric Mullins may or may not be related to the fact his cards always, and I mean always pound ass in Diamond Dynasty for me. The whole being a great player while having Crohn's helped too.

As many in the know have stated time and time again.

You don't see how good a team is in a 10 game stretch. Its how good a team you will have over 162. Baltimore looks like an up and coming team. I will not debate that.

But they will always be behind the Jays moving forward. The Jays have kids in their lineup too with experience. Bichette, Guerrero, Espinal, Biggio, Kirk, Gurriel, Manoah, Moreno and more to come all under the age of 25!!! And some players arent exactly old under the age of 31 (Gausman, Berrios, Romano, Hernandez, Springer, Chapman.

It wont be long until we see the Yanks and Red Sox take a nose dive in the next couple of seasons. Baltimore, TB and of course the Jays will be the talk of the AL East.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
It is like it always has been in life in every fascet winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose .. da truth hurts for most losers
Remember when Halladay had 3? Complete games in a row that he lost? Boy that Halladay sure did suck.

I hope the jays bring out a singles, doubles and triples jacket. Anything that gets you tired ass crybabies to like the team less.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Perfect lineup setup IMO.
Love it all thought feels wierd to change it after beating up a great pitcher yesterday. Still seems like yesterday he went with Montoyo's lineup because of everything that went on yesterday, he now had a day to instill what he wanted.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
As many in the know have stated time and time again.

You don't see how good a team is in a 10 game stretch. Its how good a team you will have over 162. Baltimore looks like an up and coming team. I will not debate that.

But they will always be behind the Jays moving forward. The Jays have kids in their lineup too with experience. Bichette, Guerrero, Espinal, Biggio, Kirk, Gurriel, Manoah, Moreno and more to come all under the age of 25!!! And some players arent exactly old under the age of 31 (Gausman, Berrios, Romano, Hernandez, Springer, Chapman.

It wont be long until we see the Yanks and Red Sox take a nose dive in the next couple of seasons. Baltimore, TB and of course the Jays will be the talk of the AL East.

As the O's currently stand, I don't think they're really in the mix quite yet (baseruns has them as a bottom 5 team in the AL), but they have a ton of talent on the cusp and the #1 OA pick in this year's draft (Druw Jones? Termarr Johnson?). They've been hitting on a lot of their picks lately and have a ton of future potential. Don't know if the Yanks will ever nose dive, Red Sox are up and down but they'll compete just because they have deep pockets.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Lots of quotes from inside the team backing this firing, which is very unusual. Especially Bichette going on the record with it.

Charlie had very clearly lost the room.
Wow and I thought everyone on the team loved Charlie. At least it appeared that way on TV.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wow and I thought everyone on the team loved Charlie. At least it appeared that way on TV.

By all accounts they liked him just fine as a person. The dislike was him as a manager because he seemed to have nothing in his toolbox besides being a positive friend to everyone when some guys needed a motivator or a metaphorical slap to wake them up.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seager has had a monster season thus far but you'd think they would want to replace an outfielder with an another outfielder.

I guess all of the good ones are already picked since Buxton is a reserve.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
What do you guys think we will do at the draft this weekend? I need something else to talk about, ha. Do we try to go underslot in the 1st at 23 and catch some falling guys at 60/77/78? Or just try to get best value we can?

Some interesting names at 23 depending which route we go. They seem to be linked to Toman, Delauter, Graham, Gilbert and Thomson if we go for a bat.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What i found nuts is the stat Dan and Pat brought up tonight about how the Jays are absolute trash against left handed pitching. They're like near the bottom of the league in OPS against lefties.

That honestly makes no sense to me. Everyone on the team sans Biggio is a right handed bat, in theory they should mash lefties.

Reactions: stickty111

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
What i found nuts is the stat Dan and Pat brought up tonight about how the Jays are absolute trash against left handed pitching. They're like near the bottom of the league in OPS against lefties.

That honestly makes no sense to me. Everyone on the team sans Biggio is a right handed bat, in theory they should mash lefties.
How big is the sample size? We have seen a few lefties in the last month, but it seemed we went a while seeing only rightness because we had been struggling against rights with sliders away. Haven't seen many lefties, but still it doesn't make any sense.

The offense as a whole has just taken a step back despite better seasons from Kirk, Gurriel and Jansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad