GDT: Blue Jackets @ Wild - 10/14/17 - 7PM CT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFather

Oct 10, 2017
Proud of the guys for scoring 4 almost 5 goals with this lineup. Kind of a bummer how it ended. Bothers me to see Dubnyk always complain after he lets a soft one in.

Reactions: Mnsportsfan22

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Easy to say that missing 5 regular forwards.
like BB said before the game "excuses are for losers".Being down 5 regular forwards isn't why the wild lost tonight they scored 4 goals.This team cant defend they're giving up 3.5 GA a game that's the problem.Up 2 in the 3rd against a team on the back end of a back to back playing at home inexcusable.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
like BB said before the game "excuses are for losers".Being down 5 regular forwards isn't why the wild lost tonight they scored 4 goals.This team cant defend they're giving up 3.5 GA a game that's the problem.Up 2 in the 3rd against a team on the back end of a back to back playing at home inexcusable.
It may not be why they lost...but it does have an effect...you're crazy if you think it doesn't.
Nothing at this stage is inexcusable...it's been 4 freaking games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow, quiet gameday thread... only 2 pages for the entire game? I've been busy here at work... but usually there are so many more around here!

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
you score 4 against Bob and lead by 2 goals in the 3rd you have to get 2 points out of that!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Blegh. At least we got a point with our depleted lineup.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I didn't like what I saw from Dubnyk tonight. Quite frankly I haven't liked what I've seen from him for a long time now. He has got to be the slowest goalie in the league, he's lazy with tracking the puck and his rebound control is atrocious.

I thought our D did enough to win it. But since Dubnyk can't control a rebound to save his life, it's impossible for the D to actually help him out in many of the situations.

It was a sloppy game overall and I thought our zone exits lacked brains and effort. A lot of time we were on the ropes for no apparent reason, except for maybe Staal's line who kept good spirit throughout the game. Koivu was a complete non factor and honestly deserved to be benched. He wasn't skating and his defensive effort was cut down to simply reaching with his stick. He really held Ennis and Zucker back tonight IMO.

Kunin needs a lot more time to get ready. Sure it was his debut and obviously that's going to affect young player's nerves, but he was a key factor on one of Columbus' goal and didn't really do anything with the puck all game long. The kid can skate and he delivered a beautiful hit on Johnson, but nothing to actually warrant any ice time once the lineup is complete.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
To the team's credit, they made the right move starting Kunin in the AHL. He'll find his way. Of the guys they brought up, he's clearly the most ready to be an NHLer. But it boggles the mind to think Mitchell and Bertschy are the best they can come up with again this season. This is why having a losing organization in Iowa the past three years matters: it's evidence that drafting, development and depth procurement have not been good enough.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Surprised no one has mentioned Koivu coughing up the puck in OT, after Zucker, and to a lesser extent, Suter, had done a masterful job of controlling the play, and tiring the defenders, which is all important in OT. He looked like a tired, slow, old player at that point, who shouldn't be out in OT. Stahl also failed to clear a puck from the zone in the third that gave up possession leading to a goal. I expect better from those two.

Agree that Dubnyk could have been better, but I have no problem with him trying to work the refs.

Kunin was invisible, for the most part, but not in a bad way. For that matter, Ek is similar. I do like that they both seem to be able to take care of themselves physically.

I know Haula could be inconsistent, but I miss his speed and the breakaway threat he represented. Now it's all up to Zucker...who has been playing wonderfully.

I thought Brodin played better last night. Olofsson, too. He just missed on a couple of pinches. Same with Ennis, obviously. Still don't know what to make of Quincey.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kunin didn’t impress me at all. Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed with the way he played. Looked slow and was easily knocked off the puck. Didn’t get the chance to shoot at all I believe. I thought Ek was much more noticeable. You remember the video of Coyle going beast mode protecting the puck? I thought Ek had a few moments like that last night. Good sign for a really young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad