GDT: Blue Jackets @ Wild - 10/14/17 - 7PM CT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
:cbj vs. :wild

Welp. In the only home game in the first three weeks(!!!) of the season, the Wild are down to zero top-72 forwards, pulling from the local AA Mites squad to round out the roster for tonight's game.

One of the featured call-ups for tonight's game is an enforcer (name: unknown; number: either 14 or 44). Luckily for the team, he'll be wearing a full face shield to prevent a broken bone in his face after one of his many fights.
QZB3LAh.png

Coach Boudreau wants the call-ups to just play their natural game tonight, not worrying about learning the new system. What does that mean? He wants all five players to be as close to the puck as possible at all times. One call-up was quoted: "I always follow the puck around the ice, why wouldn't I?"
YouthIntermission_Graphic-fa48339e57.png

Blue Jackets be warned: this set of call-ups once started a line brawl, so be on high alert tonight.
Screen-Shot-2015-12-17-at-2.33.21-PM.png

Can the Wild pull off a win with this line-up tonight? Who cares? Participation trophies for everyone!
participation-trophies.jpg

Real lines:

Forwards out tonight:
Granlund
Parise
Niederreiter
Coyle
Foligno

cut.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gphr513 and TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So the Wild are making up for Fox Sports not showing preseason games by fielding a preseason lineup tonight? That'll sure show Fox Sports who's boss. :sarcasm:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So the Wild are making up for Fox Sports not showing preseason games by fielding a preseason lineup tonight? That'll sure show Fox Sports who's boss. :sarcasm:
To keep in the spirit with it being a "preseason game" only half of the concessions are open and only a limited amount of beer is available! :sarcasm:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not really getting anything going, but to win with this type of lineup, this is probably the way you want to play.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Ok so I just checked the score cause I forgot this game was on, and it was 0-0. Now I go to put the game on and I thought I read it wrong or something because it now says 1-1. Did we both just score that quickly?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ok so I just checked the score cause I forgot this game was on, and it was 0-0. Now I go to put the game on and I thought I read it wrong or something because it now says 1-1. Did we both just score that quickly?
Yup, they scored about 30 seconds after us.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Two habits that we have to break this year. One, allowing a goal against in the last minute/seconds of a period. And second, they need to stop taking the first shift off after scoring. It's like they forget how to play and allows the opponent to get the goal right back.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I can't imagine how awesome it must feel to play with your childhood best friend in the NHL and set each other up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wow into the 2nd intermission and this thread is still on the first page. I just woke up from a nap.

StormFather

Oct 10, 2017
Was not expecting us a lot of offense from us tonight. Pleasantly surprised, nice to see guys step up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->